Opinons please

jmorgan32

Thanks CB, You are right. Another example happened last night. It was late (after midnight) and I want to hear Joni Mitchell LOUD. Of course, my neighbor (upstairs) would have gone nutszoid, so I put on my old Sony headphones. Instead of closing my eyes and enjoying the CD, I was scrolling all over a Grado headphone sight wondering how much better they may sound than my old Sony's!!

Hell, I even took the Sony's a month ago to a high end store and did an A/B comp with some Sennheisers and even the salesman said they were damned close, so I didn't buy the Senns. Still scrolling over the Grado site last night though! I don't like this one bit!!

Ha.........Thanks Blacksmith.

Hey, Jmorgan. Reading the previous post, you might be trying to convince yourself to buy some equipment you don't need. If you were going to charge a new purchase, spare yourself the misery. If you were going to pay cash, use the money to pay down a debt, and then, convince yourself your stuff is good, and paying off debt was the better choice. I find myself scrolling things to buy. It's a good thing I don't buy often. When I get a little nervous, I dump my cash on the mortgage and tell myself how I am broke and can't buy anything. It actually works well. The lower my mortgage gets, the better my system sounds.

I listened to Chorus, which is supposed to compare (so many say), but I don't think they do. It's either that, or if they are comparable, then my Crown on Corns blew away the Adcom on Chorus.

Chorus II set up properly will blow your mind with metal. And believe it or not Jeff you dont have to get an ear bleed just because its loud and pounding the crap out of ya. Its called finding smooth gear that kicks arse! Cornwalls always give me a headache at concert levels unless you dynamat the crap out of them. Cornwalls are maybe the finest jazz speaker on the planet but us metal heads better stick with Chorus II's.

Maybe for metal.

And then some!

Hey Jeff,

I must be very very transparent! You are absolutely correct. This has to stop! (I had some good financial luck, but am frugal enought not to just blow money on something that won't sound better.)

Thanks Jeff.

Tell you what.......You seem to fit right in here....You wrote a post to yourself......your half the way there Bud...........