**** Passive Preamp Question****

NOSValves

I swear I received an email or PM asking about the use of a passive preamp with my amps. I can not find it this morning to reply or maybe I did and don't remember. Yes things have been nuts here the last week or so. If you emailed me and are waiting a reply please send me another email.

Craig

PS: Please forive my for my use of the forum as a NOS Valves massage board....but I;m fairly positive this message was a klipsch forum member.

Well The honest answer is I don't know for sure in respect to Sonics LOL !! I've always been a vinyl fan so I always used an active preamp. I see no reason why someone with a digital only system and a top quality digital source could not use a passive preamp with good results. The VRD's are 1 Volt RMS to full power so any CD player that supplies the normal 2 Volt RMS should be able to drive the amplifier. I've used the head phone output on my Sony to test VRD's and other amps many times with no problem at all. This output is not known for quality sound though so I have never given it a serious listen.

Craig