Can't feel the "punch" anymore.. Please help.

wtf8269

I've rearranged my room so that my computer desk (I use my HT for PC games as well as TV movies.) and couch are all in the middle of the surround sound. My desk is directly behind my couch. The problem is that I'm a little bit off centered (a little more towards the rear) and I can no longer feel the punch of the bass notes that I love so much coming out of my RF-3IIs. Is there any particular way to fix this next to just moving my desk up as far as possible? Keep in mind the further I move up, the closer the couch is to the TV.

EDIT: Nevermind, moving it forward made all the difference. :D It DEFINITELY wasn't the couch absorbing it lol.

Items like couches, drapes, carpet etc. usually only help bass not hurt it. Although you can make a room to dead but I dout that is what is going on here. Most rooms could use some bass treatment.

Do you have a sound meter? If so run test tones to your sub for best placement. If you sub is in a corner you should see a slight rise on db output.

Friendly advice: Get two subs, build a platform so they are at ear level on each side of your head, place to the left and right of your recliner or couch, turn level up to 135 degrees and relax. Put on Master and Commander and turn that up. Punch should happen momentarily.

thanks!

Thanks for the replies guys. I was talking about a punch in the chest. My SUB-12 mostly shakes everything and you can feel it in the seat of your pants, but my RF-3's have that slightly higher bass note that punches you in the chest. If I set my sound card to redirect the bass to the sub it does not have the same punch to it. Moving my setup forward made all the difference, I was simply too far away.