Help with amp choice

Scubadj

I'd like to get some opinions on an amplifier choice for home theatre setup. I currently have Cornwalls for the front and a C7 for the center and plan on Heresys for the surrounds. I have narrowed my choices (but open to new ideas) to the following: Acurus A125x5, Marantz MM9000 (I do like their AV 9000 pre), Outlaw 750, maybe even a comparable Rotel. These can all be had for around $1000 or less. Unfortunately when buying off ebay or other internet sites, one is not able to "hear" them for oneself. Would like to get some opinions from those that may have these products already. I think all three would make excellent amps in a home theatre application, but what about music? Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Don

This message has been edited by Scubadj on 11-23-2001 at 07:50 PM

I have the Acurus 125FIVE that I bought from U-Bid and I recommend Acurus amps,especially considering the prices on U-Bid.I've had an Acurus 100X3 for about 7 years and have had no problems whatsoever(reliability).Noticed improved clarity and bass with the 125FIVE.Good smooth sound.Hope this helps,

Keith