Attention Klipschers!

TheEAR

This FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY I am getting my JL Audio f113. My dealer has a full batch and the f112 also!

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY! Pics pics

This last 30 days are the DEFECT DAYS,three defective audio products in under one month,from Sunfire to Tenor.I hope the JL works fine.

Charging thye cells for my camera(what a great excuse)!

Redone the whole room audio config! I have the JL Audio f113 right here...in the box.

At leastat the moment I will post the box pic and spot where it will go. [:(] Give me a few minutes...

Too spent to unpack the best today...have to get some sleep now.Tomorrow morning(today should I say) I will have complete pics of the sub,front to back. 8-9AM

Posted Image

To the left the RSw tower and to the right the...Seismic familly. Posted Image

And if you have to know the heater never works and does not vibrate.On rubber pads...looks like crap but I am too lazy to remove it.

HERE!!!! LOL

The gorgeous f113,BEST sub I ever had home EVER.The quality is so good both of the unit and the bass quality...BEST SUB UNDER 5 G's easy.

Posted Image

here next to a RSW15...Posted Image

Makes the RSW15 look like a bargain bin unit. [:$]

The puncturing in the floor,...from spikes and tryingt too MANY speakers.

More to come...

f112 on the way and GOTHAM to ice the cake in the big room. [:D] I am in bass heaven now. MUA HA HA HA my back hurts...from all the moving.

Is the f113 a killer sub in each aspect of sub performance and quality...YOU DAMN BET YOUR HOUSE ON IT! Even my Aerial and Velo HGS18 pale in comparison!!! This says ALOT,a damn lot. This $3000 sub is built better than subs costing over FIVE GRAND! And outperforms them. To me this is serious,serious bargain.

Another micro update. This suwboofer kicks a load of air,moves more air 99% of potent 15" woofers can! Damn,again I am impressed,track after trask,bass heaven has a brand name and JL Audio it is.

I think when my GOTHAM arrives I will have to get the TC ANADA and do a head to head supercomparo.If I never post again,by building has collapsed.[:$]

I had an opportunity to compare the RT12d and the Fathom F113 and F112 yesterday, as well as hearing the Martin Logan Abyss. I'll be interested in seeing your impressions of the new kids on the block.

2Raider: I would be interested in your opion, since here in Canada, I would have to buy RT-12d first, and then listen to the sub, even in a B&M store, so I took a chance on f113. How did they all compare?

The F113 compares more with the Martin Logan Descent,both go a superb work disapearing in two channel music listening,and provide civilised HT,the f113 having more

precussive blast when called for.

The ubber 13.5" W7 moves more air three Martin Lofgan 10" woofers do! It is also a high quality sub,yes compared with the Descent.

RT-12d/10d a notch below.Still very good. There is so much more than the impressive output and extension here.

For me all arguing is small talk,have so many subs on hand at home and this one satisfies on all levels.

The new kid on the block is a seriously trained and capable athlete,the f113 is IMPRESSIVE.How many times I have to say it ? SVS...yeah and? TC Sounds...ok even more output and extension...at a price,bigger price.

The only serious step up from a f113 I see is TC Sounds ANADA,more output and depth.What the ANADA will not do is better the quality of JL.I would speculate(and I will be correct)they are about equal in quality,meaning OUTSTANDING!

TheEAR:

Interesting that your accessment is very parallel to my experience yesterday. Here are some edits of what I wrote to Klipschster1 before you wrote the above:

In comparing the RT12d and F113: Two primary differences were noted. First was the tonality of the bass (we listened to the subs alone and with mains). The RT has a sonic signature that has a little less resolution than the JL, not unlike comparing 720p to 1080p in video, compared to the JL's transparent clarity. As a result the JL's integration was seamless, where I could occasionally localize the position of the RT. The RT had relatively softer attack/delay times that I have come to associate with a passive design, where the JL's sealed signature was tight and controlled, regardless of how low or how loud. It has a servo type of controlled sound, but with a phat musical character. Also the JL had rock solid response down to the limits of hearing, while maintaining the tightness and control. The sub bass took on a sort of holographic or ethereal, but visceral presence like I haven't experienced before. The sonic character I found to be not unlike the Martin Logan subs, but the JL has substantially more output. I can only imagine what the Gotham would sound/feel like. However these differences have to be framed in the context of the fact that the JL costs half again what the RT does.

I also heard the F112 which is at a more similar price point, slightly higher than the RT by about 10%. The differences in sonic signature between the RT and the F112 were essentially similar in nature as with the F113, but a much less marked difference. It'll be interesting to see what TC brings. I expect it to have extereme output, but it remains to be seen if it has the finesse and musicality of the RT or JL......

Last night I passed some CD's with plenty of well defined and deep bass.Amazd is the only word that best describes the new JL Audio top dogs.

Some think Velodyne DD series do a much better job...they dont. I have an HGS18 a DD18 with no auto EQ and the definition of the f113 is right up there with the HGS18!

It's kind of getting to me that I have the Danley all installed in the cabinet and I have yet to even power the beast on! I would love to hear what you all are talking about but it will have to wait for at least a few more weeks before the old carpet is ripped up and the dust is removed from the room.

Chri

Klipschster1 check your PM.

edit: i just noticed you posted your impressions a few posts down as well. :P

I'm in a dilemma of getting the RT12d or waiting and saving up some more for the fathom 113... unfortunately.. the canadian price seems to be around 5000$ msrp..... OUCH.

its a shame most dealers in vancouver area are crap too.

Up to 200lbs I am fione lifting and walking with these cubes,need to use care to to end up with a back sore. This little sub weighs more than a HGS/DD18! nd the GOTHAM will be over 300lbs! LOL OUCH

Tonight more listening in both rooms. AMAZEMENT again filled me. Where the RSW15 hints some very deep bass the f113 simply moved the walls! Pure power and a level of control you only hear from servo controlled subs!!!

I am SOLD beyond sold to JL Audio.Getting the whole series damit. Any music I throw at my sstems when the JL is doing sub 40hz service is a perfect disapearing act! You never notice the sub and only notice the speakers now have sub 20hz capabilities and an ease only heard from my HGS18 and Aerial SW12! INCREDIBLE

People I do not side with any company or am thier fan buy,this product makes me sound like a fanboy,because it is that good. A few SPL tests from Nousaine mean little,the f113 will outdo a RT-12d in output and deliver Velodyne HGS like control and finesse!

I am totally satisfied,well almost the GOTHAM and ANADA may totally satisfy as solid foundations for any speakers.I have to consider a Velo 1812 at this point [:D] Hmm,I cannot ersase that giant dumb smile from my face.