New RW-10D cutting out

vincib

have this new Rw-10D ,, the entire system was installed by a dealer,, the RW-10D keeps cutting out. I called the dealer and they think it may be a connection, well that was checked and it did the same thing with a new cable. I use a Sony STR-500 A/V reciever and have the input run to the L input on the subwoofer, although it does the cutting out whether it is in the L or the R input on the subwoofer. Electrical is checked, no problems there, the display and all works when it is not putting out sound. What could be causing this, the dealer says if this is a bad subwoofer from Klipsch it will be the first they have ever seen. Is there something i am not trying?

The tech is here now troubleshooting,, seems like it will cut out then if we juice up the volume it comes back for a while then cuts out after a few mintues. Any thoughts? I turned the auto on to ON always,, doesnt seem to be making a difference. Tried different recievers, no difference.

No break in time is needed. You should be able to use all features as soon as you first plug in the sub.

The RW-10d is a much better and more expensive sub than the KSW-10. Accept no substitutes. Your dealer should check the wiring inside the sub to ensure the connections on the 10" driver are solid. I've heard of a couple where the connection at the driver input tabs was intermittant.