Help with H/K 3480

christjared

I just picked up my H/K 3480 from the mail room this afternoon. I pluged in all of my AV equipment and hooked up the KG4's. I let it warm up for about an hour before playing any music into it. Then I started to listen to some music from my computer at low volumes, it seemed very quiet compared to the AVR 130 I had driving the KG4's before this. I am confused. At higher volumes the 3480 sounds awesome!, but I have to turn it up all the time to get a good sound out of it, and then sometimes it really doesnt sound that great. Is there anything im doing wrong, anything i could improve on. Is there anyone out there that owns a 3480 I could talk with for awhile about this? Thanks alot guys and gals

JC

Did you have your computer hooked up to your old receiver or were you using something different?

Also, just make sure the treble, bass and volume knobs are centered as well. Sometimes its easy to overlook little things.

One time I accidentally hit the xMax surround button without realizing it too. It makes everything sound really weird, I personally don't care for it.