Want to Buy Reference Line Speakers

Raider

I am putting together a 5.1 HT system for my bonus room and also a 2.1 system for my office. 

For the Bonus room I plan to get an RC62 center.  For mains and surrounds I would like to do four RF82's, four RF62's, or a pair of each.  (However, if I ran across a great deal on RF63's or RF83's with an RC64 center that might work too :) )

For the office I would like to do RB61's or RB81's.

My wife prefers the Black finish, a concession I am glad to make for her.

If you have any of these speakers for sale and are within pickup distance of Nashville TN, let me know.

Sales by individuals, or from dealers welcome.  Post or PM as you prefer.

Thanks

Raider-

FWIW, before I bought my used RF-62s, I went to the local audio dealer and auditioned both the RB-61s and RB-81s. They were both hooked up to the same receiver through a speaker switchbox of some sort. Anyway, I thought the RB-61s sounded very weak and lacking in any low end, but the RB-81s sound pretty good. I guess that was why I was so surprised when I went and listened to the RF-62s. I wasn't planning on buying them because I wanted the RF-82s, but they sounded too good to let go for the price. Just my $.02.

David

I am putting together a 5.1 HT system for my bonus room and also a 2.1 system for my office.

For the Bonus room I plan to get an RC62 center. For mains and surrounds I would like to do four RF82's, four RF62's, or a pair of each. (However, if I ran across a great deal on RF63's or RF83's with an RC64 center that might work too :) )

If you have any of these speakers for sale and are within pickup distance of Nashville TN, let me know.

Sales by individuals, or from dealers welcome. Post or PM as you prefer.

Thanks

Unless you are really huge on DVD-A or Muylti Channel SACD large speakers for the rear are a cost better placed in source or amplification.

RB-61 or smaller would be fine for rear unless your room is very large. My curent rear are KSB 1.1 or something like that.

My HT was not lacking when I used the RB-5 for my mains before the Chorus IIs ended up there.

Raider-

FWIW, before I bought my used RF-62s, I went to the local audio dealer and auditioned both the RB-61s and RB-81s.  They were both hooked up to the same receiver through a speaker switchbox of some sort.  Anyway, I thought the RB-61s sounded very weak and lacking in any low end, but the RB-81s sound pretty good.  I guess that was why I was so surprised when I went and listened to the RF-62s.  I wasn't planning on buying them because I wanted the RF-82s, but they sounded too good to let go for the price.  Just my $.02.

David

David: Did you audition the RF62's against the RF82's and if so what was your impression? Where did you get your 62's and how much, if you can post that here? How have the RF62's worked out in your application? What is your assessment of strengths/weaknesses? Thanks for the input on the RB81/61. I had heard the RB81's and was considering the RB61 thinking they would be similar. Maybe the 81's would be better for me, and they are nominally larger, and only slightly more in price, and I probably won't feel later like I compromised :) .

For the Bonus room I plan to get an RC62 center.  For mains and surrounds I would like to do four RF82's, four RF62's, or a pair of each.  (However, if I ran across a great deal on RF63's or RF83's with an RC64 center that might work too :) )

Sales by individuals, or from dealers welcome.  Post or PM as you prefer.

Thanks

Unless you are really huge on DVD-A or Muylti Channel SACD large speakers for the rear are a cost better placed in source or amplification.

RB-61 or smaller would be fine for rear unless your room is very large. My curent rear are KSB 1.1 or something like that.

My HT was not lacking when I used the RB-5 for my mains before the Chorus IIs ended up there. 

Thanks for your input. My thinking is that , like it or not, more and more surround material, both music and movies, is being mixed in the rear channels, and that by using towers, the transition will be more seamless. My room precludes the effective use of RS models, and in my particular stuation directivity I think will work better.. A bookshelf on a stand and a floorstander take up the same floor footprint, with the bass more natural and extended with the floorstand model. Also, if I find the floorstander to be overkill for the rear channels, I will switch them with the bookshelf units in the office. My room is 16.5 by 16.5 but one wall is open to a stairwell and hallway. Thanks for your response.

David: Did you audition the RF62's against the RF82's and if so what was your impression? Where did you get your 62's and how much, if you can post that here? How have the RF62's worked out in your application? What is your assessment of strengths/weaknesses? Thanks for the input on the RB81/61. I had heard the RB81's and was considering the RB61 thinking they would be similar. Maybe the 81's would be better for me, and they are nominally larger, and only slightly more in price, and I probably won't feel later like I compromised :) .

I only auditioned the RB-61s and the RB-81s. I wasn't going to go with floorstanders but my wife was concerned the speakers (on stands) might get knocked over and fall on her Jack Russell puppy. Of course now she talks about the "huge" speakers in the living room. I keep trying to remind her they are not as big as the K-horns I wanted like the ones in our jazz history classroom in college 20 years ago! Anyway, I never auditioned the RF-82s after I sat and listened to the RF-62s for a few hours in the gentleman's home I bought them from. He did have a pair of original Heresys to replace the RF-62s with after I bought them! I think I paid $550 for them. There is one blemish in the vinyl on one of the speakers, but other than that they are like new and sound great.

David