Re: Free Albums for Good Homes - Apologies

Groomlakearea51

[:$]First, I apologize for withdrawing the "free albums to good homes" thread a couple weeks ago; and I extend my sincerest apologies to those specific forum members who expressed an interest in the "batches" of 6-10 as I transfer them to CD's. I know some of you were/ are likely upset by the "cancellation", but I had no choice.[:(]

I was, unfortunately "barraged" by a bazilion emails from people wanting them all (would not take no for an answer), telephone calls at all hours of the day and night, too many folks whose "want lists" were about the size of "War and Peace", emails from non-forum members, ebay sellers, commercial re-sellers[:@], etc. It got so bad that I had to wipe out my email address on the Forum "profile", temporarily disable my email address on the server, etc., Big problems!!

I still intend to keep my promise, finish the project over the next year or two, and then give them to Forum Members. But, I've learned my lesson.

I will post the "batches" only on the "right this minute" thread, after all that's what I would be listening to "right that minute"..., and it will only be first come, first serve; and only for Forum Members.

I cannot think of any other fair and efficient way to do this without considering early retirement and a career move into the "used records business".....

Again, if I have inconvenienced or dissapointed anyone, I do apologize and trust that they understand the very serious predicament I was in for about 3 weeks.