Road to Escondido - JJ Cale

Steve_L

Road to Escondido is a great JJ Cale album. With that typical Cale laid-back slowhand understated rythmic blues that has made him such a blues lovers bluesman over the years.

This is one of those albums is great on the first play, but get's better and better with each subsequent play as you start really hearing the intricate interplay between JJ Cale, Eric Clapton, the deceased Billy Preston, Derek Trucks, Albert Lee and numerous others.

What really works here is EC's contribution as a mainly sideman lead guitarist and also harmony vocalist. he also does a few of his own numbers, but this is primarily a JJ Cale Album with EC and friends joining in on JJ's songs.

It's great stuff. Start here and then back up to the very best JJ Cale album, "Naturally".

The audio here is top notch! Really has me wishing for a follow-up DVD. (I'm guessing they have all of that in the can) JJ has been touring with EC on his latest tour. I didn't go, as I've decided that $150 plus concert ticket prices are not acceptable and I'm not made of money.

Still Road to Escondido is worth the $12 bucks.

B000I5X81A.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V3740931

Naturally From 71'B000001FK3.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1115414