Lexicon DC-1, Altec drivers/horns FS.....

sfogg

Still more closet cleaning.....

Another Lexicon DC-1 music/theater surround processor. This is a THX/AC3(Dolby Digital) model with box, manual and remote control. Checked out and had my standard power supply mod to correct a somewhat common problem they have. $375 plus shipping, originally a $4500 processor.*Sold*<p>

Altec 32B horns. These are the fiberglass version. This is an 800hz Altec small format horn in a fairly compact package. The horn has a 90 degree bend in it so it can fit into cabinets that are not as deep. Used in the VOTT A8 among others. Could be an interesting horn to try in a Cornwall or Heresy type speaker. $100 plus shipping for the pair.<p>

Altec 511B green... only one at $60 plus shipping.<p>

I have two 811Bs. They are a mismatched pair, one is green the other was a 'greenie' but somewhere along the way the inside of the horn, exterior of the mouth and the front of the baffle was painted black. $50 each plus shipping.<p>

Pair of Altec 902-8Bs. With the rarer lighter voice coil/diaphragms for higher FR. Both in good shape and sound great. $200 for the pair plus shipping.*Sold*

Thanks,

Shawn

Shawn can I hook those 902's right up to my 511's with a cornwall type b crossover, the k-55v is 16 ohm, what would I have to do?? anyone?? you ran your scalas two way with 511 and 902's

man i want to try a pair of those

ps anyone interested, that lexicon is so friggin worth the money, and dealing with Shawn is a no brainer

"an I hook those 902's right up to my 511's"

They will bolt right onto the 511s, no adapters needed. That horn is what they were used with more then anything else.

"with a cornwall type b crossover, the k-55v is 16 ohm, what would I have to do??"

You would need a little work with the Cornwall crossover.

If you kept running three way it would need to be made a bandpass for the Altec (I'm assuming the type B isn't bandpass but I have never checked) as it most certainly does not roll off like the k55. It will go out to pretty close to 20kHz. If you don't bandpass it with a tweeter the system is going to be bright.

For two way operation you would need to deal with the difference in impedance of the driver (8 ohm vs. 16 ohm) and pull out the tweeter filter.

For three way you would need to deal with the difference in impedance of the driver as well as put in the bandpass on the squawker. If it were me I'd also raise the crossover point to the tweeter as rolling a 902 off at 6kHz is wasting a lot of its potential.

"you ran your scalas two way with 511 and 902's"

Yes, with Al's ES600T networks. Al designed them for me for that combo.

Shawn

Few more things to add to the list....

First I have (5) 902-8Bs so if anyone is looking for more then just a pair I have them available.

Several sets of speakers.. These mostly have to be local pickup due to size and weight or I could meet someone part way if needed. If someone really wanted them shipped I might be able to do it but shipping would be expensive on any of these. I have all the original shipping stuff from the Jaguars for example but I think the shipping weight was around 250-300 pounds.

North Creek Music Systems Borealis Unlimiteds. These are the original Borealis version with the yellow kevlar ScanSpeak bass driver and ScanSpeak tweeters in the 'bookshelf' format with the 'unlimited' version crossover which used more expensive caps and upgraded 10ga coils(*heavy*) in the crossovers. I assembled the crossovers and have all the original literature on the Borealis which also includes the crossover schematics. The cabinets are from North Creek and were the exact ones used by them for photos in their earlier promotional literature for the Borealis. They are finished in oak with solid oak front baffles. There are a few little dings on them but they are still very good looking and *solid*. Fantastic imaging and very good sounding speakers for rooms that just don't have room for horns. Comes with Target (the stand company, not the store) 10" stands to get them at the proper height. Asking $700, pictures on request.

http://northcreekmusic.com/NorthCreekKits.html

---------------

Dzurko Acoustics Jaguars, original factory version with emerald Fountainhead front/rear baffles and Rosewood finish. Matching stands with matching Fountainhead bases. Great sounding monitors that are also very good looking too for high WAF. These were originally $5300 with their matching stands. Again a two way speaker using top of the line ScanSpeak drivers. Details at:

http://web.archive.org/web/19970301191320/http://www.audioc.com/specdemo.htm#jaguar

A few years later on ACI put the Jaguar back into production (as the Jaguar 2000) with a simpler cabinet but ended up revising the crossovers somewhat. Mike Dzurko made me a pair of the new style crossovers in external enclosures to be used with the original Jaguars. They are included. To use the new crossovers the crossovers in the Jaguars need to be bypassed. Basically just connecting the tweeter to one set of binding posts and the woofer to the other set. Asking $1000, pictures on request.

----------------

Acoustic Research LSTs. The LST was Acoustic Research's flagship speaker and one of the first speakers that really tried to have flat power response in room using one 12" woofer, 4 dome midranges and 4 tweeters per cabinet. The crossovers on these used adjustable autoformers (sound familiar?) to adjust the woofers level to better match the bass response of the speaker to its position in the room. I think they were around $600 a piece back in '73.

One cabinet has shipping damage on a couple of the corners. I started to patch them years ago but just haven't touched them in a long while and have to many other projects. The other cabinet isn't as bad but really they both should be redone to look their best. Structurally they are still very solid.

They are of apparently different vintage as well. One has drivers with the tinsel leads on the front of the drivers the other has them in the rear. I have been told by AB Tech that electrically/sonically the drivers are the same. The cabinet on one looks like it has a removable access panel on the rear of the cabinet and the other doesn't have that. Both have grills but are missing the LST badges and the knobs for the autoformers.

All the drivers work in both cabinets and the woofers have been refoamed.

Pictures available at: http://home.comcast.net/~shawnfogg/ar-lst.html

Asking $500.

Feel free to make offers on anything I'm selling.

Thanks,

Shawn

• 3 weeks later...

Still more closet cleaning.....

Another Lexicon DC-1 music/theater surround processor. This is a THX/AC3(Dolby Digital) model with box, manual and remote control. Checked out and had my standard power supply mod to correct a somewhat common problem they have. $375 plus shipping, originally a $4500 processor.

Altec 32B horns. These are the fiberglass version. This is an 800hz Altec small format horn in a fairly compact package. The horn has a 90 degree bend in it so it can fit into cabinets that are not as deep. Used in the VOTT A8 among others. Could be an interesting horn to try in a Cornwall or Heresy type speaker. $100 plus shipping for the pair.

Altec 511B green... only one at $60 plus shipping.

I have two 811Bs. They are a mismatched pair, one is green the other was a 'greenie' but somewhere along the way the inside of the horn, exterior of the mouth and the front of the baffle was painted black. $50 each plus shipping.

Pair of Altec 902-8Bs. With the rarer lighter voice coil/diaphragms for higher FR. Both in good shape and sound great. $200 for the pair plus shipping.

Thanks,

Shawn

Shawn,Do you still have the 511B For Sale?

Larry