Klipsch RF-83 vs. RF-63 differences and suggestions?

Johnny Canuck

Johnny, In short, yes and no, LOL. My Yam RXv2500 is 130wpc and really belts out the volume if required especially with the efficiency of the Klipsch stuff. However, a seperate, quality 250wpc minimum amp would really make these babies shine without a doubt. I plan on getting a Bryston 6BSST 3x300wpc!! when funds allow, I am currently in the process of ordering and installing my new Sanyo Z-5 PJ. Today I am attempting to build my DIY screen, should be good for a laugh! Will post pics of my HT when I am done.

Ya sounds like I will need to break in the speakers for a bit, and at 10 feet away I am pushing the boundaries of how close the RF83 speakers should be to me, however since they have a little better clarity then the RF-63 they are the one's to get.

However xdetroitx I can't help thinking that since your YAmaha amp only offers 110 RMS, you are still missing a bit in terms of sound. For peeks, say like when the dinosaur yells in Jurrasic Park, wouldn't your receiver lack a little bit of juice to supply the very highest peaks in sound? (Hence the need for a seperate amplifier?)

Yeah, an amp is in the planning and so is Rf-83s, but I am closing on a house in 5 days and getting married in 6 weeks. I am a full-time student as is my fiance. So, once we are done with school we can afford all that. She's in the physicians assistant program and I am getting my associates in massage therapy. I am already a Journeyman electrician so money will not be a problem then. Right now I am blessed to have what I do and be able to supply electricity to it.[;)]

Yeah, an amp is in the planning and so is Rf-83s, but I am closing on a house in 5 days and getting married in 6 weeks. I am a full-time student as is my fiance. So, once we are done with school we can afford all that. She's in the physicians assistant program and I am getting my associates in massage therapy. I am already a Journeyman electrician so money will not be a problem then. Right now I am blessed to have what I do and be able to supply electricity to it.[;)]

6 weeks until d-day huh? Make sure you make an agreement BEFOREHAND on the fact that when you are married you will be allowed to upgrade your toys every so often ... if she says no by the toys now!