Martin Logan Depth or Sunfire True EQ

Macallan

I have an RF-7, RC-7, RSW-15 set up at the moment and would like to have a second setup using Martin Logan speakers (Vantage) and have questions about a sub to match it with, has anyone compared the ML depth with Sunfires True EQ? The Vantage should have output down to 34hz so low bass is most important. I like the idea of the Sunfire better based on its size but was curious if the Depth would be a better choice because it had the same 8 inch driver as the Vantage. I would use it for music and movies but possibly in a 2.1 scenario. Final question is stereo the same as Dolby Digital downmix into a 2.1? Do i need a processor to downmix the signal from the cable box or are the analog outputs jinto a stereo preamp just as good?

The ML Depth VS Sunfire EQ.

The Sunfire has more deep bass output,the Depth will match better with your mains.For the Sunfire to have a great match you need to cut your mains at 50Hz.

If your receiver/pre pro has a cutoff freq. selection I would try the Sunfire EQ.It has solid output where the ML will have a very reduced output(below 25Hz).I had a Mark II(the True EQ...with...no EQ)and it had serious extension.

Never cross the Sunfire subs high,as they roll off above 70Hz and ..people think they are muddy,as gaps in the frequency response are evident.