Just a bit of fun at the expense of a Nordost presentation.

maxg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting- I liked the gent's views on music and the purpose of their extravagent systems. I think a bit too much emphasis on money and turntables (note no speaker discussion at all).

But someone show that guy with the red vinyl how to properly use a Zerostat please!

And what was that symphony piece played at the end? I loved watching the fellows listening to the music- very cool film!

Michael

Here is a picture (the record is shown on the top right)

Posted Image

- Composer: Elgar

- CELLO CONCERTO in E Minor Op. 85, completed Aug 1919

- 1st Movement: Adagio - Moderato

- Orchestra: London Symphony Orchestra

- Conductor: Sir John Barbirolli

- Cellist: Jacqueline Du Pre

- Recorded: August 19, 1965 at Kingsway Hall - London, EMI ASD 655.

It was played in my house, when Ken was filming and I had chosen it, due to the extra ability of the ribbons to play cello music.

That a piece of Elgar I don't have...thanks for filling us all in; I will be looking for that recording for myself in the near future!

And I also want to express my gratitude to everyone involved with this little documentary...your systems, your music, your passions and what drives a true audiophile to this interesting hobby of ours.

And thanks to Max for bringing it to the Klipsch Forum's attention in the first place. Is this a great forum or what?[Y]

Individual electons within wires don't travel very fast (inches in hours under a DC load) but the signal does.

I certainly do not see any advantage to engineering a wire that passes the signal faster - it only makes the electrons' work environment more stressful and this can only lead to them making more mistakes, and since there are so many of them passing the signal, these little mistakes will add up. Far better to use a slower less stressfull wire so they can perform to their best potential (pun intended).