Klipsch Reference RF-82 with the RC-52 Center?

sleeds

-Looking at what matches, Klipsch recommends the RC 62. So your options are- find a dealer that carries the RC 62 and see if he/she will ship.

Or buy the RC 52 from B/B, try it out, and see what YOU think. If it doesn't suit your needs, just return it.................

I was in the same boat.  I'm moving, and haven't set up my system yet.  To make a long story short, I bought my RF-82s from Magnolia, and bought a ML Vignette as the center.  I immediately thought this to be a mistake.  And you kind folks at both this forum, and the ML forum, politely told me so.  When I went and studied the matter more, and talked to Klipsch Techs, I knew I was really wrong in my decision, for a number of reasons.  I then got a credit from Best Buy for the Vignette.  Doing more research, I uncovered that while the tweeters in the RC-52 are the same as the RC-62, the motor structure is not.  The RC-62's tweeter is a match for both the RF-82 and RF-62.  The RC-52 is a match for the RF-52.  I'm not sure how the motor structure would color the sound, But I wanted a matching center.  I scoured the web, and found a Brand new "A" Stock RC-62 for $348.00, shipped.  It took a week and a half to finally ship, but I got it yesterday.  I don't know why Magnolia doesn't carry the correct center, but they don't.  RC-62s are out there, they are somewhat hard to find, however.  The source for the one I got, only had three, and those are now all gone.  I'm happy one was for me.  I'm also happy for the advice I received here and at ML.  But most of all, I'm happy I got the correct center channel for the RF-82s.

Thanks Guys

Lou 

I have the RF82's and RC62. The RF82 has a slightly more open midrange that is particularly good with the warmth of the midrange; The RC62 is particularly good at the upper timbres of the midrange where the timbre female voices, harmonics in strings, and airiness and ambience reside. For this reason the RC62 is a great center because of the clarity it brings, and complements the RF82 very well. Tweeter sounds identical on both wihich makes for a seamless soundstage. The RF82's by themselves image well, and the addition of the RC62 brings additional clarity without drawing attention to itself. I'd keep the RF82's; they have a deeper more dimensional bass response that gives you a sense of space over the R62's. Never heard the RF82's wth the RC52 so i can't help you there.