Need an Opinion

Dawgheadus

I have an audiofile system, and I looking for a sub that will play with my RF-7s. I love the new 7s by-the-way. I think they are the best overall Klipsch speaker to date; they sound Great with tubes.

I want to buy only one sub if I can get away with it. I'm not looking to shake the house. I just want to add some bottom end to improve the 3 dimensional image of my system. I know that not choosing the correct sub can result in a depletion of the stereo image, so I need some help from you guys who have experience in this subject.

My main concern is sensitivity since my 7s are rated 102@1w/1m. How are subs rated, and what is concidered a correct match for my 7s?

Finally, size is an issue. I would like to keep the size down as much as possible (10"). I like the size of the Sunfire subs.

Current Upset:

Power Amplifer: Sonic Frontiers Power 1 (60watts/channel)

Pre-amplifer: Antique Sound labs Passive Ti

Source 1: CD mod from Stan Warren of Supermods

Source 2: none yet (Rega turntable)

Subs that interrest me:

Klipsch LF-10

Klipsch RSW-10

Sunfire True II

REL Strata III

HSU VT-2

PS: I've heard allot of talk about the SVS subs on this board, but I'm not a fan of those. I don't like the design. I feel that it could become an eye swore in my room.

Thanks for any input. JJ

cwm30.gif

This message has been edited by Dawgheadus on 11-30-2001 at 02:32 PM

Check out the Paradigm PW2200. Very musical and one sweet deal. It utilizes a 12" driver in a vented enclosure. Adjustable crossover and it's own 250 watt amp and volume control. I'm driving one with a pair of Cornwalls and love it. If possible test one at home prior to purchase or at least know you can exchange it if it's not to your liking (too big). There is one problem with that theory. I'm not sure why but this sub takes up to 4 months to break in and then it really sings. WOW! If you like it out of the box you'll love it as time goes on.

I am a little bit surprised at anyone who thinks that SVS subs would be an eye sore, since any sub that you get is going to be positioned behind the mains in the corner of the room. The little ones won't be seen very much and the big ones compliment the system; I would still keep the SVS on your short list.

------------------

Cornwalls & Klipsch subs; leather couch & feet up; lights out & tubes glowing!