iSilent - just recieved my refurbed iGroove HG - NO SOUND

sdlewis

Man-O-Man! I just got my refurbed iGroove HG, plugged in my iPod Nano 1stGen and ...NO SOUND! What a disappointment.

I did everything I could find on the net including restoring my iPod. Still no sound.

Customer support will hear from me first thing 12/0706.

Big sigh........

sdlewis

I bought my daughter the refurbished silver iGroove. Worked for about 5 minutes until we moved it then wouldn't come back on. Sent it back to Klipsch and about 7 days later got another one (slightly scratched up case on this one) that has been working fine every since. I always thought of buying refurbished units as buying someones else's problems. Sometimes, I just can't help myself though. [;)]

My problem is not exactly the same but nonetheless a PROBLEM!

On Nov. 27 I emailed Customer Service describing my problem with the IGroove (silver): without a pattern the sound would disappear intermittently for a couple of seconds. Very annoying.

As I have not heard from Customer Service, I repeated my email on Dec. 14, but to date, NO REPLY.

Since then I not only have the intermittent silence but now I noticed a very discernable HISS.

Hope I hear from Customer Service on how to resolve this annoying problem.

MQue

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue here as another person and I WILL call for sure. I unpacked the speaker with my fingers crossed hoping for no issues. I read this thread before I bought one but I knew and hoped that Klipsch will cover (1YR warranty) and second I've had the same or similar issues with 2 of my Promedia Ultras. Anyway I plugged it in and I could hear hiss, this is good cause I know the amp is on and I know it is working. After about a minute or so I stop hearing the hiss. Well of course I didn't have a good feeling but I tried to play a song anyway..... nothing so sound at all :( I tried powering it off and still nothing. I decided to unplug the power cable and see what happens. Bingo I get sound and it's playing .... happy I am :) but still nervous. 2 minutes later it shuts off again and it keeps doing this every time I unplug it and replug it in (power). Each time it lasts either a minute or two or longer.

One issue I do and is that why oh why does Klipsch still have issues with ALL or most of their amps in the market ???? If you guys are using the same parts why not stop using them and look for another part maker. It is obvious that what you are using is cheap and not reliable at ALL. This is with new items to the refurbs. I pray to God the next one lasts.

Such a great company with a great product but very unreliable and I know what others will say the percentage of good ones to bad ones is higher but think about it. I buy a speaker set and have 2 go bad (one dead on arrival) other died in a few days then I buy a IGroove and that is dead to flaky, why would I recommend the products to myself of anyone else.

12/25/06

will call tomorrow or on the 27th

PS the sound of this dock GREAT and there is no way I want something else

thanks Amy I will call on the 27th, I am more unhappy that I can't use my new present. I own another dock and there is a night and day difference in sound. As for reliablity well the other one is around 6 mnths old and will be used by someone else but I feel it will last

thanks again