Whamo , Central NY ,Get Together-Utica NY

markgod

Looks like a happening now! Wish I could join you boys! It sounds like a good time will be had by all! [:D]

Mike

Mike,

Still looking forward to our Tues. Dec 26th meeting will call you Sun. or Mon. of the same week to confirm. Maybe Tuesday morning to confirm really don't want to bother you on Christmas day. Let me know your preference.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mark,

You can call me anytime Christmas eve, in the evening on Christmas day or on Tuesday. Shouldn't be a problem. I'll work from home that day and maybe you can drop by around 3 - 3:30 or so. Bear in mind I will have to drop what I am doing if something comes up (till 5:30) and get on the computer.

Mike

Hi Mark,

You can call me anytime Christmas eve, in the evening on Christmas day or on Tuesday. Shouldn't be a problem. I'll work from home that day and maybe you can drop by around 3 - 3:30 or so. Bear in mind I will have to drop what I am doing if something comes up (till 5:30) and get on the computer.

Mike

Sounds like a plan

Talked to Craig NOS Valves today ,and made sure to make the arrangements to switchout preamps so we will have his blueberry to listen to with the VRD's . Craig liked that idea ,he knows that this will be a good combo for everyone that is going to hear the VRD's for the first time.

Only 4.5 hours away! Man you guys make it sound like a lot of fun.

Larry

Larry,

What if I change the Title of this thread to Vermont / Central NY get together, would that make a difference[:P] . You could hook up with OB ,near Albany and enjoy his company for part of the trip.[:D]

Only 4.5 hours away! Man you guys make it sound like a lot of fun.

Larry

Larry,

What if I change the Title of this thread to Vermont / Central NY get together, would that make a difference[:P] . You could hook up with OB ,near Albany and enjoy his company for part of the trip.[:D]

Closer than Albany, we could meet somewhere, or better just come here, leave your car here, ride out with me (us), and we could become buddies..........EH.............We can figure something out, give it a thought, if it was too much drivin' for one day, you can stay here for the night, lot's of choices, give them some thought, plenty of time to decide..................Oh Boy, this little gathering of the tribes could be trouble.............GOOD............

Closer....we could meet.... and we could become buddies. stay here for the night, lot's of choices,.....

Hmmmmmnnnnnnn...............

is Larry aware of the Sex Change operation, O/B....?????

[:D] [:D] [:D]

Interesting to say the least,and with oldbuckster out to get Duke.[:|]

Oldbuckster, Send an email with your addy,so I can do a Mapquest. Wouldn't hurt to at least look.

Larry

That is Larry Cragg holding Old Black, Larry has been Neil's guitar tech for 37 plus years. He Played Grandpa in Greendale. Played the broom in Heart of Gold. I met Larry in Toronto on 7/10/06. Or should I say I said hello and he answered. He was making sure all the cables were taped down securely and that microphones were just right ( CSN&Y Freedom of Speech Tour 2006). I had the best seat in the house for the Toronto show, front row dead center, 4 feet from Neils Microphone. I attended 3 of the CSN&Y Freedom of Speech Tour Shows, Toronto, Saratoga Springs, and the last stop in Pittsburgh on 9/10/2006. Ive attended 26 Neil Young Concerts over the last 38 years. I've been in the right place at the right time to get some great pictures, an album signed , guitar pics, and a broken guitar string fragment from Old Black,

That is Larry Cragg holding Old Black, Larry has been Neil's guitar tech for 37 plus years. He Played Grandpa in Greendale. Played the broom in Heart of Gold. I met Larry in Toronto on 7/10/06. Or should I say I said hello and he answered. He was making sure all the cables were taped down securely and that microphones were just right ( CSN&Y Freedom of Speech Tour 2006). I had the best seat in the house for the Toronto show, front row dead center, 4 feet from Neils Microphone. I attended 3 of the CSN&Y Freedom of Speech Tour Shows, Toronto, Saratoga Springs, and the last stop in Pittsburgh on 9/10/2006. Ive attended 26 Neil Young Concerts over the last 38 years. I've been in the right place at the right time to get some great pictures, an album signed , guitar pics, and a broken guitar string fragment from Old Black,

Have you heard Neils new Filmore CD ,for the time it was recorded I guess the sound was OK ,but not one of the better sounding CD's ,I was a little dissapointed. I can understand him not wanting to release any more songs from that show if they were lesser quality sound wise. Sounds like you have had some memorable experiences with the concerts. I have quite a few memories from going to Saratoga concerts during my wild and crazy years late 60's ,early 70's saw the "Who" play there ,tons of people. Actually listening to some CSNY material right now "Dark Star" playing

Ok. I "probably" can come, What time? I live about 2hrs away in Roscoe NY. I will bring my Mcintosh MC 2102 tube amp and C2200 pre amp if you like... I also Have an MC2000 amp but i think it will be enough pain in the *** w/ the other stuff,besides I/ve never even opened the box!!

Ok. I "probably" can come, What time? I live about 2hrs away in Roscoe NY. I will bring my Mcintosh MC 2102 tube amp and C2200 pre amp if you like... I also Have an MC2000 amp but i think it will be enough pain in the *** w/ the other stuff,besides I/ve never even opened the box!!

Would love to have you come, bring what you like ,that is easy enough for you to bring without a major hastle.The reason I say bring what is easy to bring is because people have already mentioned a few different items ,if we get too much we will definitely run out of time, the way I am inclined right now ,is to let the assembled group decide by the majority of interest, what gets put into the rotation. As we get about one to two weeks out ,maybe we can reach a consenses ,here on this posting about what holds the highest interest ,that way people would not go through the hastle of bringing equipment that we have no way of listening to. Do not know exactly who is comming yet. It will definitely be Saturday Jan 27th, I think around 11:30 - 12:00 noon [arrival time] for the sake of those travelling a distance but I am open to suggestions,if people will state what they think. . I will be in Florida from Dec 20- Dec 31, so I will not be on the Forum ,unless I get a little chance here and there to check in. The way this is developing I think we all are in for a good time, it will be great for people to get to meet each other ,and sample the music.

I think about 2 weeks from the day,I will start a new thread "Central NY Get Together ,People and Equipment Sign Up" and we can hash out what equipment will get brought .