HTPC up and running

easylistener

Last weekend I got my HTPC up and running. I had a birthday party for my son last night and I got to show off some of the great features. It was a real hit. I have 318 upscaling dvd player wich is one of the best upscalers, but the pc does produce a better picture. Sound is great as well. I am passing everything striaght through digitaly and letting my modded 4802R decode everything. Agian like as been stated here this is the way to go. I have mine in a closet and it is feeding my 900U projector on a 100 inch screen.

I am not using a huge computer.

P4 3.4ghz processor, which runs at 20% with dvd play back

ATI 9600 256mb video card

1gb 3300mhz ram

1- 120gb hard drive

1- 500gb hard drive

1- 750gb hard drive

Theatertek with ffdshow for dvd player.

So as you can see you don't need a awsome computer to do it. It did take some time to get it all setup and running smooth but I figured it out, and I am no computer expert. If you have a chance to do it, then I say just jump in. It is well worth it.

I am thinking of upgrading in a couple of months. I will change out the video card to a HDCP card. I will also put in a Blue Ray drive.

Last weekend I got my HTPC up and running. I had a birthday party for my son last night and I got to show off some of the great features. It was a real hit. I have 318 upscaling dvd player wich is one of the best upscalers, but the pc does produce a better picture. Sound is great as well. I am passing everything striaght through digitaly and letting my modded 4802R decode everything. Agian like as been stated here this is the way to go. I have mine in a closet and it is feeding my 900U projector on a 100 inch screen.

I am not using a huge computer.

P4 3.4ghz processor, which runs at 20% with dvd play back

ATI 9600 256mb video card

1gb 3300mhz ram

1- 120gb hard drive

1- 500gb hard drive

1- 750gb hard drive

Theatertek with ffdshow for dvd player.

So as you can see you don't need a awsome computer to do it. It did take some time to get it all setup and running smooth but I figured it out, and I am no computer expert. If you have a chance to do it, then I say just jump in. It is well worth it.

I am thinking of upgrading in a couple of months. I will change out the video card to a HDCP card. I will also put in a Blue Ray drive.

Come on, more info needed!

What soundcard and video card did you use?

What case?

What operating system? Did you go Windows Media Center with the Remote?

I am running a ATI 9600 for video card. I am running a new not release audio card, this card is great. I have someone that works for a company that is going to make a push into the market. I have done some A-b-a testing and if you use the digital outs it doesn't make much differnce on audio card because they are not processing it.

I am now running the digital signal into my modded 4802R receiver, and it sounds great. For the case I am using a full tower because it is in a closet. This way I didn't need the quitest stuff.

I am using Theatertek for dvd's and Media center for my music. I like to see the cover art for the cd's. Plus it makes it easier on the wife.

It took some time to set up, but it is well worth it.