Line conditioners

tommyboy

It depends on the current state of your electricity. 

I have 4 of them (HTS 2600) in use in my kids rooms for their TV, computer, sat reciever, and game consoles.  The unit helps with RMI interference, provides surge protection, and has a circut breaker.  There's some independent circuts for amps, pre-amps, and video devices, tuned for cleaning up issues specific to each type of device.  The cable on the HTS 2600 is shielded, which helps reduce hum due to runining adjacent to signal lines.

On Sat recievers, one reciever in the house powers the dish LNBF splitters, so I decided to put at least a hts 2600 on all the dish recievers in the house.

For the main HT room, we are using an HTTPS 7000, which is simular to the HTS 2600, but has an extra stage of filtering, as well as 2 small balanced isolation transformers for Sat receivers and audio sources.  

If you want to save some money, check e-bay for prior models.  The MKII is three times the cost of the initial model which is frequently available in bulk on ebay.  I paid 60 bucks each for the 4 I have.

Not a good thing to add if your into hifi, but it's a great thing if you need it. I need a surge protector, and all that bologna, because the weather where I live is extremely windy. I don't have the best electricity conditions if your in a situation like me I think you would benefit from one. I wouldn't spend that much money though. I think that is THE biggest scam in Hifi, and audio. I would go to radio shack get an RCA model or something for 30 dollars tops. Mine has saved my tele a couple of times. Nothing will save your equipment from a direct hit just little power surges. If you don't have bad weather conditions. I probally would opt for a something like a wireworld strip. Naim recomends that brand because it adds nothing like led's, curcuit breakers, or anything to degrade the power, but gives you enough plug in's you need. It's best to plug straight into the wall for the ultimate sound. I hope this helped.