Need Your Help and Advice for Second "HT" System...

SilverSport

I recently decided to have a second HT system...I am still in the early stages and would like your thoughts and help...

My Home Theater is in my basement family room so this is a first floor, secondary system (where it is a bit warmer) and I am not too keen on spending any more money at present since I am (like many of us here) equipment heavy...

Television---36" Sony CRT

Sony DVD player

Comcast Cable (standard at present but will be upgrading soon to higher package or some form of dish)

Sound-2 channel Nakamichi TA/2A receiver (50 watts of STASIS sound...clean and nice)

Speakers...here it is a bit tougher...I have two pair to try...they have similar specs and sound surprisingly similar (at least with the TV)

Original Klipsch Heresys in Walnut Oil with new BEC crossovers or Klipsch Reference RB-5 in Mahogany

50-17kz 48-20kz

96dB 96dB

105 watts max 150 watts max

55lbs 23lbs

Sweet Heritage sound (I am a Heritage kinda guy) Nice sound as well, different bass...rear port perhaps placement issues

harder to place because they're bigger but not impossible

I had promised the RB-5s to my sister but she hasn't taken "delivery" yet and since they are both sweet speakers and I am sure she wouldn't mind either set...your thoughts, experiences biases would be greatly appreciated here...I am trying to have the TV sound off and listening to both speakers by having the RB-5 on the left and the Heresy on the right and flipping the balance back and forth...I am not hearing a night and day difference but this is on TV and some movies at present...

Thanks,

Bill