Denon Receiver Help

ttubbiola

I'm looking at the Denon 2802 as my next purchase, but I need to answer a question first. I knew the people here could help.

Since my current Sony TV only has 1 external A/V input (RCA jacks) I am going to have to run my program sources through my receiver and use the monitor output to get video into the TV. I have a Satellite Receiver (Sony B-50), a VCR, a (by christmas) DVD Player (Sony NS700P) and a Playstation 2. My question is: Can I watch the Playstation and still listen to CDs at the same time?

Also, does anyone have a coupon code for Crazy Eddie (or an opinion on their reliability as an online store)?

Thanks for reading this far. . . and helping,

Tom

ttub, you have one audio output, but you probably have more than one VIDEO INPUT, right? Hook up the Playstation to a seperate input on the TV and you're all set. Or, you can get a Pioneer Elite and use the Video Select button. I'm not sure if the Denon has that or not, it might?

Todd, thanks for the reply.

My TV only has ONE video input. I want to hook up the playstation to the 5.1 digital input of the amp. I would also like to be able to listen to CDs and hear the playstation through the TVs internal speakers at times. Basically, I need to know if I can route video and audio through the receiver to the monitor outputs while listening to a different audio source.

Tom

I don't know if the Denon will do that or not. Some receivers will only give you a blank screen if you select the CD input (or the DVD's picture if you are using a DVD player as CD). Some receivers give you the option to switch the video to one source while having the audio on another source. My Pioneer Elite does this, and I know some Sony's will too, but I don't know about the Denon. Getting the Playstation's audio to the TV won't be a problem, it's just getting the picture to be what you want. With all the Denon people on this BB, I'm sure someone will know, but I'll look into it when I go to work tomorrow.

Tom,

I have a Denon 2801, which should be very similar in operation to the 2802 you are thinking of buying. You can listen to one source while watching the video of a different source. In my manual it is called "simulcast playback". For instance, if you are listening to a cd, you push the video selct button until you reach the desired video source, in your case playstation. I hope this helps. Maybe you can hit that buy button today. By the way, I love my Denon!

------------------

RF-3's : mains

RC-3 : center

RS-3's : surrounds

KSW-12: subwoofer

Receiver: Denon 2801

DVD: Panasonic DVD-A120

CD: Yamaha CDC-765

Cables: Tributaries

Sat Receiver: Hughes Direct-TV DD5.1

-------------------------

Family room:

RB-5's (Mahogony)

Receiver: Denon AVR-2000 (2ch.)

Amp: Onkyo M-5000 (2ch.)

CD Player: Yamaha

I can confirm, I checked the receiver today, and it does have a button on the front panel that says "Video Select." I was going to answer earlier, but got too busy to get on the computer. You can select CD as your source, then scroll through all the video inputs and choose the one you want. Just run Analog outs from the Playstation as well as the digital out for when you want to listen to the CD player and have TV sound at the same time.