Some fun home alone

BobbyT

Skoonopa, that system looks really close to mine. 7 series with a B&K amp. I know it sounds wonderful.

Thats what I was thinking Bobby. Your systems are almost identical. A little larger tv and a bigger stand but that by no means equals bigger sound. Nice gear guys.

Skoonopa, that system looks really close to mine. 7 series with a B&K amp. I know it sounds wonderful.

I noticed that, when I looked up your system in your profile, even down to the Pioneer DVD recorders (although mine is one of the harddrive based ones).

I guess the only real difference is that I am running a 6.1 configuration (have a single RC-7 in the rear), as well as have RF-5s as surrounds, in addition to RS-7s (nice thing about that Denon is I can switch between them - the RS-7s for movies, and the RF-5s for music). Also, I am using a Denon as opposed to your Pioneer for a pre/pro/reciever. I do hope to eventually upgrade that Denon, probably to a B&K Ref 50 pre/pro, although it doesn't have that nice feature of switching between surrounds - may get a speaker switcher to do that). The subwoofers are different as well - I am running a REL Storm III - talk about a nice, tight, accurate sounding subwoofer. Probably won't have near the slam as your 15-inch Dayton monster, but wow, I love how clean and tight it sounds, though, and it does deliver plenty enough punch for movies for me.

You do indeed have a nice setup there, and I bet it sounds every bit as good as mine.