77m 77v ??? 33 vs 43 woofers iam ressurecting a pr.LaScalas

redd

I am rebuilding a pr. of REAL LaScalas. The first pair I got were clones and some of the GREAT people here have helped me with advice

and even one super member here GAVE me a pair of cabinets ......... so now I am trying to build a REAL pair

i like my music a little LOUD

and like rock 70s 80s

and i have seen 77 m's and 77v's and even people using altec hornes ????? what is better

33 vs 43 round magnets VS square magnet any help or deal on parts would be appreciated

thank you

The K-43 will absorb more power and abuse than the K-33 and will
perform as well in a La Scala at twice the cost. The K-77-M
can absorb 2 1/2 times the power that the K-77 will, or 5 watts
continuous. You should use the K-77-M. There is little
meaningful difference between the Square magnet K-33 and the round
magnet K-33 in a La Scala, though the Square magnet version is
preferred.

The somewhat rare solder terminal K-55-V is also the prefferred squawker driver.

Early T35 super sonax versions (uses 2 screw mount on horn), 40 watts peak

Early T35B supper sonax versions (uses 2 scree mount on horn), 20 watts peak,

T35A square magnet, 5 watts continuos, 50 watts peak, 3500 - 15000hz

Later, but not latest T35, has flat plate on magenet end, often white magnet with chrome horn, 7oz magnet, 50watts program, 100watts peak, 3.5khz - 19khz

Later, but not latest T35b, also flat plate magent, usally black magnet and black horn, 4oz magnet, 50watts program, 100watts peak, 3.5khz - 18khz

Latest T-35/K-77, round magnet cap type cover, usally brush cadium bronze colored cap, black horn, but there is a version with black magnet cap and chrome horn, magnet weight ?, continuous power ?, peak power?, frequency resonse ? - ?.

Latest K-77 square magent, not made by EV, data reports consistent with data for above T35A square magnet.

If anyone has a data sheet for the latest t-35/k-77 round magnet version or the latest k-77 square magnet, can you post it?

k-33 100 watts

k-43 200 watts

k-48 400 watts, a short groove has to be cut to fit this driver. Newer LaScala's have this groove already.

In a LaScala, due to the low end roll off of the LaScala cab, your not restricted to a k-33, and as a matter of fact, k-43's are very common in earlier LaScala's.

Of course, I would only use a k-33 in a k-horn and cornwall.