LaScalas crossovers HELP

redd

In my search to build a super pr. of LaSalas I have been a little confused I think i want to use a pair of AA crossovers(from all I have read here) But have seen members take them out and put them back in...

and I'v seen some members put in custom ones ..... some... change caps on the AA'S .....................i hope to do this once and have them for a LONG TIME

I do have a CROWN VFX-2A filter /crossover but will need some advice where to start on the settings (i do have the book with it but have not looked at it in some time an not sure if this could be a option

thanks REDD

I don't know much about setting up active filters, but I think that particular Crown will only work with two-way speakers.

I noticed in another thread that you said you like to listen "loud". How loud is "loud"? At any rate, for higher SPL listening I think the Universal Type A Replacement from ALK Engineering will work the best. If you can solder, you can buy it in kit form for $330.00 http://www.alkeng.com/ap_xo.html If that's too much money -- than build, or buy the Type AA's from Bob Crites. You can contact him using bobcrites@centurytel.net Bob also sells a replacement tweeter that might serve you better.

how loud is loud ????

The wall /AC/DC led zep all the southren rockers

and now the kids are gone and i get the living room back

i have two custom built dyanco 416 amps ,pat 5 bi fet se10 eq. AF6 that i just had back to the builder and former dyanco employee

that built the unit's back in the 70's he is one of the BEST WHEN IT COMES TO DYANCO

my dynaco 80's sound good but after I heard a pair of LaScalas......... need i say any more............... THEY ARE LOUD

how loud is loud ????

The wall /AC/DC led zep all the southren rockers

and now the kids are gone and i get the living room back

i have two custom built dyanco 416 amps ,pat 5 bi fet se10 eq. AF6 that i just had back to the builder and former dyanco employee

that built the unit's back in the 70's he is one of the BEST WHEN IT COMES TO DYANCO

my dynaco 80's sound good but after I heard a pair of LaScalas......... need i say any more............... THEY ARE LOUD

Type AA or A crossovers are not suitable for 200 watt per channel type power that the dynaco 416 amps can produce. The amps can heat up a coat hanger like a tube filament before they/if will short out. The crossover slope's on AA and A type networks will put the drivers at risk as well as introduce a lot of distortion due to the over lap in the drivers.

I don't know much about setting up active filters, but I think that particular Crown will only work with two-way speakers.

I noticed in another thread that you said you like to listen "loud". How loud is "loud"? At any rate, for higher SPL listening I think the Universal Type A Replacement from ALK Engineering will work the best. If you can solder, you can buy it in kit form for $330.00 http://www.alkeng.com/ap_xo.html If that's too much money -- than build, or buy the Type AA's from Bob Crites. You can contact him using bobcrites@centurytel.net Bob also sells a replacement tweeter that might serve you better.

Dean, check into the spec's of the Dynaco 416, and ask Jordon how the amp is bench tested.