Anthem AMP1 Will Not Power Off -

Deang

If its not the switch, which I would check first, then its possible that there is a high voltage ceramic disc at around .1uf/1000v connected across the switch to eliminate turn on transient spikes from getting to the amp circuit. That may have burned out and shorted.

I would unsolder the wires to the switch, and remove it. Check its operation with an ohmeter connected across the terminals. When you switch it off, the ohmeter should read overload or very high ohms reading. Megaohms. When you turn the switch on, the ohmeter should read 0 ohms or short circuit. If it reads 0 ohms, or a few ohms, whether the switch is on or off, its shorted and needs replaced.

If the switch is ok, try changing the "spike" capacitor connected across it.

mg16

Deang, just curious, how do you like your AMP1? I have two and really like them, but just thought I'd get another opinion. Are you using "standard" EL-34's, or did you upgrade them to Mullards or something?

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD