Which reciever for RF-82s

Darkninja86

Ok I have heard a few things about recievers,but overall I am clueless,any one know of good reciever brands??? I have heard that Denons work better for klipsch,I like Onkyos their kinda what I wanted to go with.But idk if the one I was looking at has enough power to really get the speakers rockin.

The Onkyo TXSR804 puts out 105 watts per channel to 7 channels.I know the RF-82s peak at like 600watts.If I want to get the house rockin with rock,metal,or jazz.Should I go with something that puts out 140watts to a channel,or will the 105 be sufficent? I am going with the whole surround set up as well.RC-62 and RS-52s.Also will a Velodyne DLS4000R 12" Sub compliment the RF-82s?

Any info will be greatly appriciated.

Brands such as Harman/Kardon, Denon, Rotel and Outlaw are good matches with Klipsch speakers.

Don't worry about a difference in a few watts per channel in a receiver. As long as it is a reputable brand (see above) you'll be fine.

Generally you have to double the wattage of a receiver/amplifier to see an increase of 3 decibels. Example: A speaker that is 99 decibels efficient at 1 watt will output 102 decibels with 2 watts, 105 decibels with 4 watts, 108 decibels with 8 watts, etc.

Going from 105 to 140 watts is going to give a net difference of about 1 decibel in output.

If you run a true 600 watts into your RF-82s they will theoretically be putting out about 128 decibels in sound. Even at 128 watts they will be putting out about 122 decibels.

Wouldn't the Onkyo be better than the Harman/Kardon your running??? Onkyo has a seperate output for a zone 2 sub even.Of course hdmi video switching,thx certification,and so on.Someone tell me if I am completely full of it talking about Onkyo. I thought they were one of the best recievers?

What makes a good receiver? I think I'd be up all night answering that question!

I guess a good answer is that you get what you pay for. As in everything there is a law of diminishing returns. A receiver that costs $1500 probably isn't going to sound too different than one costing $2500. But, a receiver that costs $150 is typically going to sound much different than one costing $1500.

Some brands are known to be 'bright' in their sound meaning that they accentuate the treble frequencies more. Some are known to be 'warm' in their sound meaning that they accentutate the midrange frequencies more. Klipsch speakers usually sound better on a warm sounding receiver.

I don't have any personal experience with Onkyo so I'll let others comment about them.

Wouldn't the Onkyo be better than the Harman/Kardon your running??? Onkyo has a seperate output for a zone 2 sub even.Of course hdmi video switching,thx certification,and so on.Someone tell me if I am completely full of it talking about Onkyo. I thought they were one of the best recievers?

My system is a 2 channel setup with a subwoofer. I don't have an HDMI input on my tv. So while the Onkyo might be 'better' it has a lot of things that would be pretty much useless to me. [:)]

Sometimes its helpful to check other sites such as http://www.avsforum.com and see what ones there have to say about different brands. Just remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. There's a lot of people out there who absolutely hate Klipsch speakers. Fortunately there's a lot of us who won't settle for anything less.

My system is a 2 channel setup with a subwoofer. I don't have an HDMI input on my tv. So while the Onkyo might be 'better' it has a lot of things that would be pretty much useless to me. [:)]

Sometimes its helpful to check other sites such as http://www.avsforum.com and see what ones there have to say about different brands. Just remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. There's a lot of people out there who absolutely hate Klipsch speakers. Fortunately there's a lot of us who won't settle for anything less.

same with me also.. I own the HK 3480

btw the thing is HK tends to be wattage shy but the fact is it is true wattage now some mathematical value that might be theoretical the amp can produce.

Also look at the pioneer 1016 btw for pricewise.