Thoughts On My System: Current / Future

nuxx

I was wondering if anybody could give me thoughts/opinions on my system.

I recently bought a pair of RF-5s to use as my front channels. I then realized that my receiver wasn't up to the job, so I purchased a Pioneer Elite VSX-84TXSi. After listening and playing with the setup for a few days, I decided I needed a little more bass in the system, so I purchased an RSW-12 to fix that. Just for now, I have a pair of Wharfedale Valdus 500's in the rear.

In the coming months, we'll be moving to a new house with a much larger living room. I plan to move the RF-5s to surround, use the RSW-12 as the sub, purchase RF-83s for the fronts, and a RC-64 for the center.

I was wondering what everyone thought of this setup?

Here's a current pic:

vsx-84txsi02a.jpg

Thanks,

-Peter

that sounds like a great set up. same thing happened to me. i bought some nice speakers and was just planning on staying there for awhile. next you know i had spent about $3k. oh well. :)

your rf-5 won't exactly match the rest of your system which i don't think will be a big deal for movies. it may be noticeable with audio dvds if you have some of those.

it's up to you but you could probably still find new rf-7s at a much cheaper price than the 83s. that is if you like the 7s better than the 83s. i have not heard either so can't comment on that. if you went with the rf-7s the rc-7 might be harder to find but they're still out there.

just some thoughts. either way, i don't think there is a wrong choice for you. :)

jacob

that sounds like a great set up. same thing happened to me. i bought some nice speakers and was just planning on staying there for awhile. next you know i had spent about $3k. oh well. :)

your rf-5 won't exactly match the rest of your system which i don't think will be a big deal for movies. it may be noticeable with audio dvds if you have some of those.

it's up to you but you could probably still find new rf-7s at a much cheaper price than the 83s. that is if you like the 7s better than the 83s. i have not heard either so can't comment on that. if you went with the rf-7s the rc-7 might be harder to find but they're still out there.

just some thoughts. either way, i don't think there is a wrong choice for you. :)

jacob

I think my music would be done in stereo, with the sub helping out :)

The RF7s can be had at a good price, I was offered $1,300 a pair locally at a home theater shop. How badly would the RF-5's and RF-83's be matched?

-Peter

PS: My girlfriend is terrible with plants :P