static,distortion, & pooooooor bass

dscott9

I am using a set of Pro Media 4.1 's I purchased at Best Buy about 4 months ago. They ROCKED when I first set them up & I was amazed at thier power and clarity. Now they suck. No power or clarity. Just static, hissing, and distortion. Bass seems much degraded from what it once was. I have tried an INFINATE number of sound settings in windows. Seriously I think I have tried all possible volume combinations and nothing helps. Also the left front speaker is about twice as loud as the other speakers regardless of any config. settings. The right rear speaker skips up and down in volume randomly. Bass output is distorted. Static noise is projected from all speakers regardless of whether main power on the pod is on or off. The sub gets hot enough to fry an egg (or burn my hand). It actually gets hot enough to heat my bedroom at night (no kidding!!!). System works great when first plugged in, but about 1 min. later the speakers all turn to dog **** . I have plugged into numerous power sources & surge protectors but nothing helps. The hammer in my toolbox really wants to smash these things into oblivion....but, I must refrain..refrain...refrain...refrain..........Please, someone give me some advice, or a consolation prize or something, anything...........

wow! sounds like everyhting happened at once Smile.gif

you will just need to contact Klipsch. Sounds like you did a lot of troubleshooting and all to no avail.

i am really sorry about your troubles... (yet a nother Best Buy failure... conspiracy?)

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

when will this end??? i mean seriously, when will this end???

has klipsch ever considered a total recall of all their units?

i mean this situation is pretty frustrating for the customer and for klipsch. Ok so klipsch admits the problem and supposedly has done something about it but what about those old units still hangin everywhere??? Just let the customers do their own quality control and go through multiple sets until they get pissed??

Note: the following statement is meant as a sarcastic remark and not based on fact ....

it's best buys fault!

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

SONY STD-D611 (reciever)Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV still kickin')

Eyes.gif

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 12-05-2001 at 08:11 AM

quote:

Originally posted by BigBusa:

it's best buys fault!

actually i am beginning to wonder about their speakers. it seems that say 30% (or more) of all the non klipsch.com speaker purchases requiring service come from Best Buy.

What is the deal with that?

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

• 2 weeks later...

Im having the same problem,AGAIN.

Klipsch replaced my sub a few months ago because i was getting weak bass and the amp was getting HOT,this one(replacement) was working great,good bass,the back would only get warm but here we go again.Ill give Klipsch a call on monday and probaly have to send this woofer back which means no speakers for a few weeks-AGAIN. bummer..

Dan z.