have you heard these?

jrios212

this is a silly post but i was just wondering if anyone's ever heard these grand utopia speakers? (they've got quite a name to live up to)

if not, what's the most expensive speakers you've ever heard and what were your impressions? (not that price is always indicative of sound quality)

the nicest speakers i've ever heard were cornwalls although i'd love to hear some klipschorns someday. :)

post-23304-13819321351714_thumb.jpg

Never heard of them, much less heard them.

Most expensive? Probably a Nexo Geo line array in a church install at a former job. Something like $3K per box - totalled out to something like $45K with processing. Also EAW KF730 and 850 in rental. As far as hifi stuff goes, I'm a bit less worldly. I heard the Tannoy VNet powered boxes which would make a very nice hifi. I didn't like the pattern control for PA, but I'd dig em for home. They go about $8K, I think. They'd be pretty trick with a nice tube pre and that's it.

Some of the stuff I heard still installed at churches and schools would go for big bucks if sold to Asian hifi nuts... Sorry, not too impressive...

BTW, your RB-75 have a nicer high end than a stock Khorn, so don't feel too bad.

Tannoy has some wild stuff available and definitely very costly. Not sure if any of those systems were the most expensive I've heard, but certainly among the best. I've been to some homes where it took everything I had to be polite and try to make positive comments...seems to happen more often with the high dollar systems too [:(]

have not heard the focals but have heard one of the most expensive speakers ever built, the Wilson Audio Alexandria X-2s. They sell for $140,000. dollars...no typo!!!! They are one of the few direct radiating systems than come close to the dynamics of the large Klipsches. A wonderful sound indeed, however not quite worth the price! I have one of their smaller systems the Watt/Puppy 7, which is fantastic however. Go to Wilson Audio.com and check them out.

heard em, nice, but, not for me...............mbl 101e's real cool, jbl k2 nice, pipedream 21's(loved em), dk design aluminum whatevers-in walker's room(amazing), avantegarde trio latest models with bassbins(exquisite)gyphon top of line(frikin amazing), lots more...............................mine are no slouches either