yamaha rx-v3000, no pro logic II

masterxela

Hi there oldbuckster.

I agree with you.....mostly. I think to be fair though, you'd need to compare the upper end Yamaha's price/performance to the 3000. The price rises rather quickly. And, true, on used equipment, it depends on the condition, has it been repaired, any problems at all, is the seller HONEST (do you know the seller), any written guarantee etc....

My receiver has been driven very hard over the years with not even a hiccup. I wouldn't even think of trading it in for one of those newer $400/$500 dollar models. This has been a fantastic unit, and mine is definitely worth MORE than $350.00 [:P]

So there!

Take care

Mike

It's all a matter of opinion, and how much each person chooses to spend on Audio gear, that's all. My opinion, if I'm going to spend $1000. or more on a Reciever, I must really consider TUBES for that type of investment. I personally am not comfortable buying anything used other than old cars, unless I know who I am buying from. I read the posts about all the great used E-bay stuff people buy, and I also read about how some are swindled on e-bay, this is broken, that doesn't work, and the old,"It worked when I shipped it" story. I guess I'm just the type of guy that doesn't need the best of everything in Audio gear, the second shelf is good enough for me, and I'll leave the top shelf stuff to others. Everyone listens to their equipment at different levels, hears different things,expects certain performance levels, and have limits as to what they can and will spend on such equipment. My dream is to own NEW McIntosh gear, but to be frank with you,"I can't afford it right now", so for me to put money in other top shelf gear is just a waste. I'll stay on the second shelf, buy new, and I bet I enjoy my Audio gear as much as anyone. Funny part is, I had Klipsch speakers before I ever knew about this forum, and I'll have them when I leave this forum, how I powered them didn't matter, I had Klipsch speakers, that's what counted. The forum just gives you bad ideas...................I just threw out something for the poster to consider, like I said, what he buys is his business, it's his money, his ears. there is two sides to every coin......................EH !!!!!! I don't want to argue about it, just trying to explain......not being disrespectful Mike