SF-1 and RC-52 matching

pennypacker12

Hi there

I've got 4 klipsch sf-1 floorstanding speakers

I would like to update/convert to a HT 5.1 system

I have the opportunity to purchase the RC-52 center channel speaker.

My question is :

If I continue to use the SF-1s for front speakers will the RC-52

match OK?

Would it be more advisable for me to continue to search for a SC-1 ?

Thanks for your comments

It depends. If you think there's a possibility in the future that you might upgrade your other speakers to Reference speakers, go for the RC-52. If you think you'll probably stick with the Synergy line now and in the future go for the SC-1 or even SC-2.

Yeah thanks for the reply

I'm thinking sometime in the future, if I continue to upgrade to 7.1, I could use the 4 Sf-1s for satellites and get some reference series fronts to match

the RC-52

Now, that may not be for a while and I want to be sure the Sf-1s and the RC-52 will "match" for the time being

I've never had a multi channel set up

can non matching speakers of the same brand be a glaring error ? noticeable to a relatively untrained ear ?

Your center channel is an important speaker in a multi-channel setup. Its probably the most critical one you have. I would imagine that the sensitivity of the RC-52 will be higher than your SF-1s so it will play louder than them. Most receivers have the ability to compensate for that and will let you adjust the level of the center channel to match the output of the other speakers.

It probably won't be a case of "Oh my God there's a gigantic difference in sound between the speakers!", more than likely it will be "I can tell there's a difference but I can live with it for now."

thanks again for the comment

Good point about the sensitivity , my receiver is adjustable so I should be able to compensate

I was a little worried cause my manual for the SF-1s says the synergy series was "designed as a family" and

"For home theater use Klipsch engineers have developed voice matched center and rear surround speakers to complement the
main channel speakers."

Hopefully the better RC-52 will match as well as a synergy center and I won't notice much of a difference !?!?

I suppose it would be worse if I had reference mains and tried to use a synergy center