Hi, can anyone offer experience on UPS shipping of Heresies (as

opposed to larger speakers)? I mean what is peoples experience

regarding damage. There are a lot of them on ebay now. Also, what

happens if they show up in bad shape, is the procedure to recover

expenses feasible, or do you just take your chances and live with

the result? I recognize that local pickup is great, and there may be

some possibility of this, but the availability of different models in

different conditions across the US is attractive. Thanks

Oh, baby, what a can of worms. I've had Heresies come that have been dropped so hard the woofer pulled its screws through the front plywood. Another had the cabinet split. An EV 12-trx had the magnet knocked off the frame of the speaker. At this point, I wouldn't use UPS to ship bowling balls.

I've had better luck with Fed-Ex. Generally cheaper too. The secret, though, in anything is in the packing. Double box, if possible, and stay away from the packing peanuts on the inside box.

It'll cost you, but the safest way is to get some original boxes from Klipsch, and have your seller use those.

You might make it clear to the seller that you want it double wrapped so to say, and you are willing to pay the extra expense for that. another idea (I did this when shipping two seperate Academy's)

I spent maybe $70 (guess) on the hard 2" foam, bought some U-haul appliance boxes (for TV I think?) and commenced to double wrap a single Academy. The buyer then RETURNED the empty boxing back to me and we used it again. This cut down a bit on the net packaging price as we used the single setup twice. In case it crossed your mind, since it was my idea, I paid for the return shipping of the empty box (which cost about the same as shipping it WITH the speaker!!!)

Another idea is, on AudioKarma, they have a section "pony express" or something like that, where people who are driving from A-B might be able to take it for fellow members.

I needed 3 Heresy's brought from Indianapolis to Knoxville and by happenstance, had two in Knoxville that needed to go to Indy. I had two people offer to bring the ones from Indy to Knoxville but they weren't going to be making their trip until March.

As it was, I ended up going to Detroit so I was able to make the delivery myself. None the less, it's certainly a rock worth looking under. You never know who's going where & when.

If you're lucky, perhaps Ole Buckette will personally deliver them in his Porsche...

[au]................

Porsche delivery will have to wait untill spring...................Hold Out for local, or road trip pick-up.............Mark my words, as soon as you buy a pair and have them shipped, something local will show up, you can count on that...............never fails............

Wanna buy a 79 Porsche 911, I'll throw in a brand new pair of Mahogany Heresy's 2's, well almost new..............got them the week the H3's came out...now there's something to ponder.............................EH ????????????

Wanna buy a 79 Porsche 911

for real?

Down boy!!!

I gotta wonder what your wife thinks about all the goodies you bring home!! Can you share your secret with me?

[:P]

Besides, I'm starting an uncalled for rumor that Buckett's 911 is really a kit car with a VW engine in it.

Hello Prof, I think we've got it worked out between Dizrotus in Detroit, you in Lafayette, me in Indy, and possibly BSbutton in Bowling Green. This will one ambitious pony express. I'd try to type it all out again but my carpal tunnel is acting up.

Heresies might ship ok if you pack them in 2" of solid foam. They are too heavy and bulky. Just count on them being dropped. Let's keep the hand delivery going if we can all wait for each other. I understand that your Khorn/CritesHeresy trip to Motor City will be leg one of the sojourn. Have a safe trip and remember your blankies and pliers. Just let Neil and your seller guide you and those beast will be in your home safe and sound in no time.

Then we'll tackle the southern leg of the trip.