4 New K-43's What to do?

klipschaholik

I had a pair of K-43's I tried them in my La Scalas and Khorns.In the the La Scalas they pumped out amazing bass but was not clean and articulate like the K33's the K33's are better suited for home audio. In the Khorns you want to talk about getting punched in the chest thats what it felt like but once again was not clean and articulate like the K33. I guess it depends on what you are trying to achieve.

If you compare the K-43 to the k33 you can physically see that the 43 has a much heaver paper cone a much larger magnet and a more powerful motor. the heaver paper cone does not transmit the musical resolution the 33 does and the heaver the cone the slower the woofer or transit response. I don't remember if they were less efficient I had a spec sheet on these and I thought they were less.I have to say they didn't sound it. At low listening levels the woofer over powered the midrange and tweeter but once you got them rolling they leveled out.I had over 500 watts a channel on them and they were amazing .If they were less efficient at low listening level their was no contest at high level the 43's blew the 33's away these things moved air like their was a fan on you . I will try to explain what I heard. If you heard a kettle drum on the 43 it sounded more muffled on the 33 it had more clarity more resolution and more musical nuances. I will tell you this if you want to impress people shear musical output the 43's will blow your hair back.