Music room... need some advice

justin_tx_16

in our living room, roughly 24x24, we want to put in a small, very small, speaker system. i am thinking of just getting the ProMedia 4.1's and using those but was wondering if anything better can be had for arond teh ame price for the whole system (amp, receiver, speakers, sub) that is abot the same size or smaller.

this room will be used rarely since it is the living room and not the ht rooms. but, it will have digital cable, dvd, cd, and radio. mostly it will be just be music. i am not looking for a speaker system that will make it sound like Mozart's symphony is actually in my living room, just good sound, that is why i am looking at the ProMedia 4.1's. It will only be a 4.1 setup, i have two 5.1 theaters in my house allready, Synergy System 6 and a Quintet.

Thanks for any advice Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

Come on.... I just KNOW you are dying to answer this he he he Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

oh yeah... we have 9 foot celings and the speakers MUST be placed at 8 feet... my mother is kinda a freak when it comes to decorating... wanted to put the speakers behing her drapes and recover the grills with the same fabric JUST IN CASE someone looked behind the curtains... the speakers will NOT be behind the curtains... LoL!

------------------

-justin

I think a promedial system would be perfect for you Justin ... :evillaughiconhere:

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

SONY STD-D611 (reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV still kickin')

:eyes

that is what i figured. Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

24 x 24? What a GREAT room! It's the perfect size for a pair of Khorns! Are you SURE you can't sell you mom on the idea? Just need a couple of good corners Smile.gif

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

quote:

Originally posted by Chris Robinson:

24 x 24? What a GREAT room! It's the perfect size for a pair of Khorns! Are you SURE you can't sell you mom on the idea? Just need a couple of good corners
Smile.gif

muuuha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

The day that comes will be the day.... it just wont happen LoL!

I showed those to my mom... her reaction might scare some KHorn owners. they are so ugly to her... yeah, i don't know what her problem is LoL!

My neighbor is putting in a full cinema, $40,000 just for sound, she said i could move in there... sounds like a good idea! LOL!

My mom really does nto want anything larger than a BOSE Mini-Cube, i was able to bring it up a the Wuintet sized speaker or the PM size speaker, we have both so i put my 4.1's on teh wall (tacked them up) and she said it was "ok..."

------------------

-justin

ProMedias are voiced to be heard in the near field - about the distance they would be on your desktop while you work at the computer. Listening to them further away will shift the tonal balance and they will start to sound thin in the mid and upper bass, above the subwoofer's range. If you want speakers for that room, try the Quintet. They are more expensive by far but also designed to be listened to in the far field, such as the room you've described.

i allrady have the quintets and the synergy's.

thanks for your comcern Smile.gif

but this will not be used to entertain ppl like other systems do. a very small scale job. no one will be sitting down for these really, just next door is a Synergy 6 HT with a 55inch mitusbitsi big screen, and around the corner is another mitsubitsi (i can not spell Smile.gif ) home theater with the Quintets. if we REALLY want to listen to Pink Floyd as it was meant to be, we would go to one of those rooms, this room will just be like ambient sound Smile.gif for what i am doing with them, the pro's will do fine, i own every model and have two 5.1's on order, i am pretty sure it will work. in our old house we watched TV in our living room like once a year, the SuperBowl. and that was because our other room swere allready full of ppl Smile.gif

------------------

-justin