Fortes in a big room

Sammgood

I have had my Fortes for almost 20 years and have not had any problem until we moved to a much bigger house a few months ago. The room is 25x16x11 and is carpeted. I have tried every location that the wife will allow but the results are all the same, the low end is now boomy and the highs are annoyingly to bright. I am still using all the same original equipment so the only varible is the room size and placement. Whats my best approach subwoofer, spikes, move back to the old house? I really miss my music and I am desperate for a solution. Please someone help!!!!!

I don't know what you have for "original equipment", if it's tube you try some alternatives to what you are currently using. I have a Cayin TA30 integrated amp that made my Forte II's too bright, I replaced my 12 AX 7's with RCA 5751's. It really sofened the top end, no more nail in the forehead. Can't help on the bottom end, but I'm sure there will be responces from the rest. Good luck.

t

• Moderators

" I have tried every location that the wife will allow but the results are all the same,"

Are they about where you would like them for listening ? or does she have them somewhere that it couldn't possibly sound good, your not very clear on where they are in the room. If they are spread apart OK for where you sit maby try putting them up on something ( like a milk crate 12" ) temporarily, to see if it helps. Just a thought

• Moderators

It's not the size of the room but probably where they are in the room or what else is the room, that makes more difference than just size.

My room is 24' wide and 34' long and its no problem, now if I were to change furniture and flooring and rearrange the room it would probably sound completely different ?