front right knob becoming limp

WasWood

My main volume control nokb is getting loose and will pull out about 1/3 in past the other knobs. It may break or fall off so i wont be able to control my volume to my speakers manually... so i am seeing if Best Buy will take them and let me get new ones am i doing the right thing? I should also say it was very annoying haveings something wrong with a set of speakers that were $300!!!! Haveing a nokb go limp like an old mans "wang" each time u touch it got to me after awhile. so tell me what would be the best way to get this thing fix?

that is a first. i have NEVER heard of that!

well, don't worry, even if you had to pay for that it would only cost $50. but, you don't have to pay for it, if it is under a year old (that is the warranty limit)

First, call best buy and see if they will exchange them. if htye say yeah then do it. if they say no, email or call amy and tell her that your speakr system is still under warranty and ask for a CP-1 replacement.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

i think those knobs for volume control, surround and bass are all wonky. If you don't believe me, just try pulling them out and you'll see how flimsy they are!!!

Do this at your OWN discretion, i will not be responsible for any damaged knobs!!!

------------------

Education is an admirable thing. But it is well

to remember from time to time that nothing that

is worth knowing can be taught.

OW

• Moderators

If you'll notice, the knobs are made of a thermoplastic rubber. Klipsch felt that this would have a better look and feel than a hard plastic one. Most of the "play" you feel in these knobs is actually bending and flexing of the rubber knob itself.

This flexing ensures that it is less likely over time that turning these knobs will cause fatigue on the circuit board.

If one is stuck or broken, that is another story. Please contact our customer service at 888-554-5665.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

quote:

Originally posted by ProMedia Tech 2:

This flexing ensures that it is less likely over time that turning these knobs will cause fatigue on the circuit board.

which MIGHT have been the cause of the problems with some control pods back in the day of the v2.400 Smile.gif My knobs on my v2.400 are very stiff, but turn really easy, on my 4.1, the knobs are not as stiff but turning them requires more effort. that really helps keep the stress, as amy said, off the senser.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

But see i didn' smack my speakers and i have only had these speakers for 3 months , im not the type of person that would treat my speakers poorly. Its almost like it became detached partly on the inside. I tested the rest of the controls to see if they were the same way and they didnt move out at all. well best buy was being a punk soo im shipping that part to klipsch and getting a new one. About how long will that take really? Is klipsch fast?