KG5.5 vs Forte vs SF3 vs RF25

Danthemmaann

I need some help if you cant tell already. I am looking to buy a good used pair of speakers yet I can not decide. I currently have some cheap 3 way speakers 1" tweeter 4 " mid and 2 -12" woofers in each. I have looked at alot of Klipsch speakers and always been a fan. I currently have a Pioneer VSX-505S rated at 150 watts continuous per Channel min. I am sure I will upgrade this later. I have seen all the speakers for sale locally. I need some help deciding what to get. I always have been a big fan of a 3 way with the big speaker sound. I am currently looking at someone who is selling a pair of KG5 s although I think this is a misprint and they are KG5.5 because they have the 2- 10" and the horn with a port below for 400.00 Out of all the speakers I have listed they all look good as far as specs go. Can someone tell me in order the best of this list to the last on the list understanding all of these would sound much better then what I have now. Then which of these would work well with my Receiver? Call me very confused ! HELP!

I think they all would work well with any reciever - these are all very efficient speakers, meaning you get a lot of sound with very few watts of input.

the Forte would top my list, because it is a 3-way speaker, and has a slightly lower low end frequency cut off. Which may not matter to you if you have or will be getting a sub-woofer. But I have 4 of them, so I am biased.

after that, the other three on your list are 2-way speakers. I have not heard them, but would pick the KG5.5, then the RF-25, then the SF-3.

Any of them should sound much better than what you have.

One thing to consider as you shop for used Klipsch - Do you plan to build this into a surround sound system? If so, then you should consider how hard/easy it will be to find compatible center and rear / side speakers.

Thanks so much this is the direction I thought might come up as. Yes I would like to have them set up as surround sound which brings up another question. I am understanding the KG 5.5 are not shielded? I currently have a large Sony Wega with all the bells and whistles. Is this correct? I have seen others buy a item called bucking magnets that you can get from partsexpress.com but I am not sure if I want to go through the hassle. Do you know if the KG5.5 s are shielded