84' Heresys HBR

tom b. 57

I picked up a pair of Heresys last night for $425.00. The cabs are 8 out of 10. The bottom end sounded much better at the sellers home than when I hooked them up at home. Of course I haven't really placed them where they should go yet. Being a sealed cab. I assumed that placement is not that critical for bass response. Am I wrong about this? I like the sound of them. They have a big sound for such a small box. How far from a wall or corner should they be placed for better base response? I know some of you will think I payed too much for these, but, I've been wanting a pair for quite awhile. When I seen a pair available a short distance away I jumped on them and got the guy down from $475.00. So, I guess I could have done worse. I could have payed full price. Now I just need several more models of the Heritage line to fulfill a quest to own at least one example of all the Heritage models.

Peace, Tom

475 is not a bad price for a local pickup...you saved a lot of cash in shipping.

Room accoustic's will factor in on the tone of the speakers. In the corners toe'd in and you have good imaging..good bass. On a long wall a few feet from the corners and mid's stand out. off the floor a few feet and the highs brigthen up. Then you have options in termsof sub-woofers and wall treatments. So much fun...so little time.

You made a good deal..........if your happy, that's all that counts..........You have to play with Heresy's to get the sound that YOU like, some tell you put them on the floor, put them in a corner..............whatever........If you are using SS power you need alot of watts or a sub woofer to get bottom end, or if by chance you are using Tubes, you should be fine, without the sub.............I have found 12" stands too high, on the floor to boomy, 6' off the floor sounds best in my room.............I use a sub.............take your time, play with 'em till you get the sound you want...............Had a NOSvavles Scott 299 hooked up to them, NO SUB...................Plenty of bottom end....sounded primo..............

475 is not a bad price for a local pickup...you saved a lot of cash in shipping.

Room accoustic's will factor in on the tone of the speakers. In the corners toe'd in and you have good imaging..good bass. On a long wall a few feet from the corners and mid's stand out. off the floor a few feet and the highs brigthen up. Then you have options in termsof sub-woofers and wall treatments. So much fun...so little time.

Good advice on the set up issues. It really will change the bass quite a bit.

-Tom