4.1 also got hissing sound.....

gemswong78

i just bought a Promedia 4.1 set from bestbuy and i got the GTXP at the same time. i was so happy and i connected them immediately. but, once i connected them together, i discover the hissing sound from the 3 satellites, the only satellite working is the control satellite. the hissing sound is getting louder and louder, my friend, who has a sound blaster live! value also have the same problem and he has a PM4.1 also. i love the bass from the speakers and sub but the hissing sound really is annoying. i got some questions here,

1. whoever has a GTXP, can you please tell me how to connect the PM4.1? i connected the 2 wires from the control speaker to the "front" and "surround" holes at the back of the GTXP control box, is that correct?

2. what can i get to get rid of the hissing sound? i heard that i can get some power cleaner or sort of to help me with that but i just forgot the name of it and where should i get it... or the problem lies with the sub of the PM4.1? i tried surge protector and AVR (automatic voltage regulator) to solve the hissing sound, but they all don't work...

any comments will be greatly appreciated. thanks!

------------------

i am stupid and i know i am

teh AVR helps to keep down the spikes from the powerline, they do not clean the frequency.

your problem could be... make absolutely sure that your computer is not outputting digital, i don't think you have that selected cause you are getting sound Smile.gif make sure your friend withteh SBLive does not have digital output selected.

if you remove a source, unplug the control pod from the computer, do you still have a hiss?

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

i have that hissing sound even when i off the power on the control pod. unless i unplug the power of the subwoofer, otherwise i will get that hissing sound all the time. means that, once there are still power connected to the subwoofer (even if the power of the control pod is off), there will be hissing sound.

also, if i on the music loud, hissing sound will be still there and obvious.

------------------

so, if the system is not connected to the computer at all and is on you get hiss... what is your Promedia volume set at?

does your headphone output jack work? it should stop the power from going through your speakers when you turn the headphone on, sounds like it is not doing that becaue you said thta when you turn off the system with the control pod you get a hiss still.

does the volume of the hiss change with the volume of the system, still without being connected to the computer?

bets buy seems to have a majority of the few 4.1's that fail. you might just want to bring it back to them and exchange it. that is what i would do if i were you.

------------------

-justin

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

my friend got the exactly same problem as i do, would that be so coincident that we get 2 defective set at the same time? when i use the headphone jack, the headphone has sound and the speakers also have sound. they both have sound. but if i turn off the power on the control pod, then the headphone still has sound though.

the hissing sound won't change if i change the volume of the system.

so, the conclusion is still to bring back to bestbuy? what a coincidence then...

------------------

so no matter what you can get sound through the headphones?

where did your friend get his?

------------------

-justin

they seem to be plagued with getting what seems to be the majority of the few defective sets...

don't know what their deal is Confused.gifConfused.gifConfused.gif

------------------

-justin

if they will let you do it. you normally get 90 days to exchange items at stores. not sure on best buy's policy.

------------------

-justin

quote:

Manufacturers' Warranties

You can purchase with confidence because any limited warranty on a manufacturer's product will apply when purchased through BestBuy.com. To receive a copy of the manufacturer's limited warranty details, free of charge, write to: Attn: Warranty Request, Customer Care, BestBuy.com, P.O. Box 949, Minneapolis, MN 55440. Please specify the product's brand name and model information.

What is Best Buys return and exchange policy?

Returns and Exchanges Are Easy

Whether you purchased an item online or at one of our stores, we will fully refund most items within 30 days of purchase.

Return Policies

(This return policy may vary slightly from the store and catalog policies.)

Best Buy will fully refund most items within 30 days of receipt. In order to offer you the lowest prices possible, please adhere to the following return policy.

14 days from date merchandise was received

Computers

Monitors

Printers

Notebook Computers

Camcorders

Digital Cameras

Radar Detectors

A 15% restocking fee will be charged on returns or exchanges of any opened notebook computer, camcorder, digital camera or radar detector which is returned or exchanged, unless defective.

30 days from date merchandise was received

On the remainder of our merchandise

Exceptions

Computer Software

Video Games

Prerecorded Videos

DVD Software

Music

In order to receive credit for these items, they must be unopened and non-defective. If the original is defective, you may exchange these items for the same title.

Delivery, installation and other fees for services performed are nonrefundable after the service has been completed.

Special items

Please call customer service at 1-888-BESTBUY or e-mail us if your return is:

A major appliance, big screen TV (25" or larger) or furniture delivered via special or oversize delivery that requires a delivery pickup.

A computer that you plan to mail back to our return center for a refund.

A performance service plan.

How to Return Items

For your convenience, you may return product(s) in one of two ways:

Returning items to a Best Buy store

Avoid shipping charges and receive a refund more quickly by returning items to any Best Buy store. Your packing list/receipt and identification are required. Include all original packing materials, manuals and accessories with the product to avoid any additional fees. Find the store nearest you.

hope that helps Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

good to know.

i am going to sleep now, so night everyone. i need sleep too Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

• Moderators

gemswong78,

I don't think you said anywhere that if you unplug the cables from the soundcard, do you still get the hiss noise?

That's the most important question in troubleshooting this problem.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

what cable? i got 2 cable from the control pod to the sound card. one is purple color and another one is green color. i plug them behind the sound card which laballed "front" and "surround". i DID try to unplug the 2 cables to totally disconnect the speakers and the sound card (so that the speakers don't get any input from anywhere), but still, there is hissing sound Frown.gif

anything can be concluded from there?

------------------

Yep, that is what me and Amy wanted you to do. Amy will have to take care of you now since it seems it is a problem with the set regarding either the contorl pod or teh amp. Smile.gif

------------------

-justin