Panasonic RP-56 DVD player

Spyder550

I'm in the process of upgrading my HT system. My old Rotel RCD-855 is slowly dieing, so I'd like to replace it with a DVD player. I'm thinking of buying the Panasonic RP-56. I've read many good reviews about this player, but they all concentrate on movie playback. Does anyone know how well this player does with regular music CD's? I want it to sound at least as good as my old Rotel, but prefer to have it slightly better.

------------------

Sony STR-D515 Receiver

Panasonic PV-8450 VCR

Philips/Magnavox 27"

Rotel RCD-855 CD player

SB-3 mains

SC-1 center

SS-1 rear

KSW-12 sub

i do not know for sure aobut this player but i am sure it will do fine with music cd's. that would be the least of my concern Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

You may want to consider something that does one of the multi-channel formats now available, if using for music. The sony DVP-NS500 does multi channel SACD (no progressive scan, though), and some JVC's do DVD-A, along with Progressive Scan, CD-R/RW, and MP3 playback.

I really don't have any DVD-Audio discs or SACDs. Besides they won't play in my car. I'm just looking for good accurate sound from my current CD collection.

Actually I'm goin out to buy the DVD player tonight. My Rotel is skipping pretty bad!!! After a few days I'll let you know how it sounds and looks.

------------------

Sony STR-D515 Receiver

Panasonic PV-8450 VCR

Philips/Magnavox 27"

Rotel RCD-855 CD player

SB-3 mains

SC-1 center

SS-1 rear

KSW-12 sub