Quintet III question.

munderwood

I just purchased a set of quintet III's, and was wondering what the optimal crossover setting on my amp would be for this set up. I am running them on a yamaha htr-5940, in combination with a Klipsch sub-10. I have read different recomendations anywhere from 80hz(which seems a little out of whack) to 120hz. I am pretty maticulous about maintaining my things, and I just don't want to beat on the speakers.

Also I was wondering If I should be concerned that the speakers are only rated for 50 watts rms, and my amp is rated at 105 watts rms per channel. Obviously I won't be cranking up the amp to full volume or anything, but at somewhat normal listening levels will this shorten the lives of the speakers.

I am not familiar with Quintets but I would not think the power match between your amp and speakers should be an issue. I use to have a Pioneer SX-1280 with 185 wpc and powered some McIntosh ML-1Cs that as I recall were only rated for 100wpc...with no problems. I think if you were to listen at anything over a couple of watts it would not be comfortable for long anyway. Congrats on your speaker purchase. Enjoy.

Chuck