Tweeter Diaphragm help wanted!

consistent

Hi All,

Now that I can load up a picture (thanks to those that helped) I need help with locating a tweeter diaphragm. I am trying to help my nephew who blew a couple of tweets. I am not sure what make of speaker nor tweet - no name I can find. The face plate is more of an indented oval shape which I have not seen before but the tweeter I would suggest has a voice coil used by many tweeters but which ones? I have been searching the web for weeks. So I am just looking for a voice coil that I could 'graft' into the magnet then onto the face plate.

The Voice coil is 3/4", plate 2 1/6" diameter, 3" contact to contact. Help anyone

Thanks

post-15069-13819325214194_thumb.jpg

Gee, there is a lot of missing information, and I'm not sure of the history of you getting to the Klipsch forum.

Is this a matter that the lad brought the item in the photo to his good old uncle and asked for help? And something somewhere suggested Klipsch? Can you and your nephew send photos of the speaker overall, or the device from which the diaphragm was removed. That would help a whole lot.

I took out my spare diaphragm for the tweeter (top of a three way design) in the Klipsch Quartet to take a look. Not a match.

OTOH, I get a vague impression that the replaceable diaphragm assembly shown could be from a Klipsch midrange design (the middle of the three) or the treble horn of a two way design.

My thought is that you should let your post rest a while and attract the attention of the wizzards here for a couple of days. Others will have comments.

Overall, the best thing is to find a drop in replacement. Grafting things together would take a lot of precision work.

Best,

Gil

Hi Gil

Definately not Klipsch. I was hoping that with the many experts around they may have some ideas of those organisations that I could be pointed too to help my nephew re-build his speakers. I'll ask him to send some more pics. If I can't find the right diaphragm (NOS) or 'pull' similar type from another tweeter with similar or same diaphragm I will have to do some re-modelling of his speakers or indeed get him to consider buying another pair perhaps Klipsch! Mean while here is the front plate 4 1/4" across and 3 1/2" diag hole to hole and 2 1/2" hole to hole top and bottom and side v side.

Cheers

post-15069-13819325289872_thumb.jpg