A sub to match my RF-7's... Need some help!

ToastedSorbet

I got a pair of RF-7's and an RC-7 about six months ago and I couldn't be happier. Of course, now I need a sub to match them. I want one that sounds good for music and movies. Everything is in a medium(ish) sized room, but that might change. I've really only looked at RSW's and SVS. Please give me some more knowledge on this subject...

To match RF7's you need a subwoofer capabe of extending a good deal deeper the RF7's can,and they can extend in the 30's. With authority and real power.

Klipsch has three subs I would consider.

The now discontinued RSW15,slam monster,nears 20hz in extansion.A real keeper

The RSW-12d,,RSW15 replacement and also with a similar extension,more linear.Takes less space and the auto calibration can help with the room acoustics a good bit.A great Klipsch sub

And last but not least,in fact this is THE Klipsch sub system to have if you can spare the extra expense.Klipsch THX sub/amp combo. Two sub modules and the outboard amp. Simply great extension,power to burn(SPL) and best sound quality of any Klipsch sub! Plus placement flexibility,thanks to the two cabinet design.

Other options...there are plenty...

SVS Plus series dual driver subs,the Ultra series.Very solid proven performers.They forced many competitors to revise their products!

HSU VTF3-HO/Turbo,least atractive.A bargain,digs very deep like the Klipsch THX setup and has impressive output.Les the ferocious slam of the Klipsch THX setup.

ACI subs,the Maestro is a passive sub and an outboard amp(like the Klipsch THX),lone cabinet.Superb definition,depth and great output.A real sleeper,beats most competitors with ease.

And last but not least JL Audio f112 and f113 subs. These are some beasts,top quality both built and sound.The best sound quality found under the sun,depth to drown you and simply awe inspiring output to match the largest subs I listed!

Hope this helps

I have an SVS 2039+ and I have the box but I'm not sure it is safe to ship it. Of course it arrived safely to me but I've heard things can get severely damaged sometimes. Heck, I haven't even figured out how much to ask for it yet. Really, I would like to trade it for a preamp of some sort

I have an SVS 2039+ and I have the box but I'm not sure it is safe to ship it. Of course it arrived safely to me but I've heard things can get severely damaged sometimes. Heck, I haven't even figured out how much to ask for it yet. Really, I would like to trade it for a preamp of some sort

That 2039+ would be a great start for a medium sized room, especially if it has the new driver. I like mine.

If you have all original packing materials it shouldn't be as much of a crap shoot.