MPS-1 pics part 3

JetJockey

And finally after disassembling and modifying the old audio stand, this thing sticks out the back 3 inches! Also had to remove the gorgeous piano black wood sides, I gotta get me a new stand!

Posted Image

This shot is very dark, I know! but gives the idea of lighting, the aluminum panels on the front also have all four edges from behind lit up with the blue as well, can't see but very cool.

Thoughts on sound very quickly, tons more authority, much better defined bass and smoother through whole spectrum and of course tons of power, after a whole disc in DVD audio cranked pretty good it was still only room temp. on top!..my poor old Yammy was on full speed fan and ready to fry bacon and eggs..lol.

more later.

Killer, thats the best part, its a friggin steal of a bargain, I honestly don't think you can match this quality at twice the price, I saved $1100 CAD over the Anthem MCA 50 and this thing is more powerfull, much heavier, mono block, can order 2-7 channels and add later if you wish, if a channel goes down you just send one chanel back, customer service is second to none and looks amazing but the sound....so far so fantastic...need more time to fully evaluate but check out this review.

Prices are as follows, Power chassis $300 us, power modules are $200 us each 2-7 channels available, free shipping in the us, credit to Canada.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_13_1/emotiva-dmc1-ssp-mps1-amp-3-2006-part-2.html

Oldtimer, thanks alot, yes each channel has its own very small fan and come on when required and adjusts speed accordingly, heat sinks are pretty big too, guess it is just extra cooling, had it running for around 5 hours last nite and never got more than room temp on top, couldn.t really detect any heat at all, in fact Emotiva recommends stacking the pre/pro on top for best looks..lol.

Its a big heavy brute...

Weight - 115 lbs

Dims: (HxWxD) 7 11/16 x 18 7/16 x 18 7/8"