What's the difference?

tommyboy

I have a Pioneer VSX-2016AVs receiver. It's a European model Pioneer. I was told that it's the same as the VSX-80TXV receiver. They said that in Europe, they don't put the Elite emblem on the receivers, but they're the same as the American model Elite's. ( this was at a retailer in London) I looked at the specs of the VSX-80TXV, and the only difference I saw was that mine puts out 150w p/c as opposed to 110 on the VSX-80TXV. They were the same price +/- about 20 bucks. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two?

For the lack of an answer how about 40 watts per channel and $20. ? They have to sell leftover models somewhere, I'm sure they make more than they sell. Not like the new USA idea of not making enough of something, that way you sell out, and have NO leftover stock. Doesn't the EURO models have a way of switching power supply ratings so it can be used world wide? Wouldn't that change the specs?