F2 Speakers out of phase

Chris Z

Have just purchased a 5.1 system of Synergy F2 speakers and they are absolutely fantastic. This is driven by a Sony receiver STRDA 1200ES with a auto calibration microphone. Sony recommends using the auto cal function but it told me that 5 of the 6 speakers were out of phase. Have tripple checked the cables and they are correct. Upon reversing the connection the test now indicated that everything was in phase. This is very strange - do the F2's come wired as out of phase? Should I leave them wired to suit the test? Can the room cause this effect? Any comments would be appreciated.

This is just how the Sony auto setup function is interpreting the data it receives. It's a room function.

I doubt it would be better in any way to rewire your speakers so that the Sony says they are in phase. But listen for yourself. When all are in phase, bass will be better and imaging will be stable and located between the front speakers. Easiest to hear on 2-channel.