Cornwall Crossover 101?

Klytus

I've been doing a little research here at the Klipsch vaults attempting to learn more about my Cornwalls. Anyway, I read that the coil connected to the woofer (B crossover) measures 2.6 Henrys. That's a lot of inductance for a crossover! Usually a value in the 2.6 milliHenry range might be used in a low pass filter configuration. A 2.6 Henry choke could be used in a power supply filter. Am I challenging the design? Not at all, I'm just trying to understand. (?!) There must be something I've overlooked?

I've been doing a little research here at the Klipsch vaults attempting to learn more about my Cornwalls. Anyway, I read that the coil connected to the woofer (B crossover) measures 2.6 Henrys. That's a lot of inductance for a crossover! Usually a value in the 2.6 milliHenry range might be used in a low pass filter configuration. A 2.6 Henry choke could be used in a power supply filter. Am I challenging the design? Not at all, I'm just trying to understand. (?!) There must be something I've overlooked?

You are of course correct. The units should be milliHenry.

Good Luck,

-Tom