Just upgraded my reciever from my HTIB one to a Denon AVR-2805 "questions"

CrazyBrian

Hey Crazy, your speaks go down to 36hz so I would set the x-over to 40-50hz and speaker size to large for music and 80hz speakers to small for movies, of course you can fine tune by trying out different combos thereof.

For surrounds have a look at the RS42/RS62 and for rears I would say the RB61 or 81.

In your haste, you did not tell us how BLOWN AWAY you are compared to your older system.

I would start at 80Hz, to be on the safe side and after you have everything dialed in (speaker placement finalized with distances and proper dB adjustment), then I would start dropping it down and see if you like it better. You did not say what subwoofer you have so this may affect how you have it set. Lucas Inc. did a lot of testing to come up with 80Hz and I will refrain going into detail, but it is far from arbitrary, by any means.

In your haste, you did not tell us how BLOWN AWAY you are compared to your older system.

I would start at 80Hz, to be on the safe side and after you have everything dialed in (speaker placement finalized with distances and proper dB adjustment), then I would start dropping it down and see if you like it better. You did not say what subwoofer you have so this may affect how you have it set. Lucas Inc. did a lot of testing to come up with 80Hz and I will refrain going into detail, but it is far from arbitrary, by any means.

LOL Yes I am blown away... right of the bat I knew I was going to have to replace my rears because the front stage sounded so much better. I have also decided im in some dire need of so wall panels to get rid of echo in the room. Also thanks for adivce guys.