Synergy vs. Reference

Andrew Beck

I have a quick question.

Right now my system consists of KSB 2.1's as the mains, KSB 1.1's in the rear KSC-1 and the KSW-12. I would like to add the the two center rears. I would also like to upgrade to the KRB-3. Would the KRB-3 timbre match with the KSC-1 acceptebly, allowing me to move the KSB 2.1's to the rear and the KSB 1.1's to the center rear... or would I need to purchase the KRC-1 as well?

Thanx

Andrew

Andrew, the Rb-3's will not match the ksc-c1 very well. I currtenly have the rf-3'c and the ksc-c1 center and it cant keep up and the fronts overpower the center. I am tring to sell it. If you look clostly on the internet you can get a rc-3 for 219.00.

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: RF-3's

CENTER: KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

REAR: SS-1's

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

I power my system with an outlaw 1050.

the reason I don't stick with the synergy line is that I don't think the newest synergy speakers will mate any better with older synergy speakers. and i want to add a rear center channel. the thought being i rotate my fronts to the rear and my rears to the center rear and then buy new fronts. I like the idea of the RB-3's for fronts of course I could stay with the SB-1's they might mate better with my old center... however I would prefer to upgrade to RB-3's and upgrade the center to a RC-3 later down the road.